Silent Hill: Revelation - RELEASE DATE [October.26.2012]

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

atomheart
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill: Revelation - RELEASE DATE [October.26.2012]

Post by atomheart »

https://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/2 ... in-the-us/

According to his blog the release date is for US only but he does think other countries will follow suit. Have to wait for the UK release announcement now, and I hope it's the same!
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

At least we got a release date, I don't think there will be a different date for other countries and if there is it'll probably a matter of a day or two.
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

wonder's boy wrote:I'm gonna plan on seeing it the release day or a midnight showing, if they have it. Then I'll go watch it again on Halloween. :D
Ditto'd. Now I just have to decide who I'm going to dress up as. I'm thinking either Shattered Memories Lisa (easiest) or God, as seen in my avatar (most obscure).
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Can I reserve the tickets right now?

It's nice to know the date, finally. However, I'm honestly disappointed they're releasing it around Halloween. I don't even wanna start now. I'll just enjoy the thought of watching the actual movie.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

mikefile wrote:Can I reserve the tickets right now?

It's nice to know the date, finally. However, I'm honestly disappointed they're releasing it around Halloween. I don't even wanna start now. I'll just enjoy the thought of watching the actual movie.
Er, why are you disappointed...? Halloween is the perfect time for horror films.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

^ That might have something to do with it--one of the things I'm worried is that people will be sick of horror movies by the time Halloween rolls around. I think it was really interesting that they released the first one in April. It sort of set it apart as, "Hey, this isn't just a horror movie. It doesn't have to follow the trend of horror movies being released around Halloween."

I think it'll still do well in October, though.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

I'm glad it's going to be opening around Halloween. It's the perfect time to open a movie like Silent Hill.

The Saw films always opened around Halloween, so I'm guessing we'll have the same sort of promotion run as they did.
I'm guessing we'll get a poster first, and then a teaser trailer over the summer, along with some photos. Promotion won't really pick up until the end of the summer/beginning of fall, and that's when we'll start getting a theatrical trailer, more photos and perhaps some clips.

Either way this release date will make for an entertaining summer for the promo for SH:R.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

JuriDawn wrote:
wonder's boy wrote:I'm gonna plan on seeing it the release day or a midnight showing, if they have it. Then I'll go watch it again on Halloween. :D
Ditto'd. Now I just have to decide who I'm going to dress up as. I'm thinking either Shattered Memories Lisa (easiest) or God, as seen in my avatar (most obscure).
Do God, girlfriend! You'd rock that look. Your hair would fit so perfectly.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

I'd dress as a male Heather or Harry Mason.
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>I'd dress as a male Heather. . .

This I gotta see. 8)
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

:mrgreen: This thread :D

I am totally going the day this comes out, I will make it happen. I will find ANY way to get the money, even if it involves selling my own body or performing hits for the CIA!
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Don't sell your body! I'd send you a money order to you in order to prevent that.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Fiiiine, I'll just start hocking my CDs. ;)

I'm totally going as Henry Townshend, is anyone else cosplaying at the theater?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I don't think I will; I don't see it as being a big midnight release, to be honest. I'd consider going as Henry, or maybe male!Heather, but doubtful either way. If I have the money I might just order a Silent Hill shirt from eBay.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The movie will probably arrive 3 or 4 months after the release date around here. I can wait.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I'll go as a fan. :D
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Yuki wrote:Er, why are you disappointed...? Halloween is the perfect time for horror films.
For typical horror films. They're trying to stuff Silent Hill into the traditional commercial cosmo so they could sell the thing. And not just that, they have to promote it within kill-slash-Halloween movies to do so. It's not like I didn't expect it, as it's been done a thousand of times before and it will be done again. That's a sure thing. Nevertheless, there's always this ray of hope in me that someday Silent Hill will be conceived as a serious work of art. Not an October 25 movie. As CrypticIdentity said:
CrypticIdentity wrote:"Hey, this isn't just a horror movie. It doesn't have to follow the trend of horror movies being released around Halloween."
I don't want to be the intruder here, but personally, I could never enjoy Revelation or Silent Hill in general within the context of Halloween. But that's just me.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^You cannot enjoy a wonderful movie because it was released on a cliché date? That seems very shallow of you, mikefile. Shouldn't you base your enjoyment of a movie on how it's written, how the actors portray their parts, the special effects, and the music, not a date? I mean, I don't hate Twilight or the Twilight sequels because they're released at weird intervals, I hate them because they're poorly written teenaged girl escapist fantasies woodenly acted by unlikable people. So what if it's released near Halloween? It'll get more traffic, thus more revenue and a better chance for another movie in the future. :3
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:^You cannot enjoy a wonderful movie because it was released on a cliché date? That seems very shallow of you, mikefile. Shouldn't you base your enjoyment of a movie on how it's written, how the actors portray their parts, the special effects, and the music, not a date? I mean, I don't hate Twilight or the Twilight sequels because they're released at weird intervals, I hate them because they're poorly written teenaged girl escapist fantasies woodenly acted by unlikable people. So what if it's released near Halloween? It'll get more traffic, thus more revenue and a better chance for another movie in the future. :3
I'm going to have to agree with this. We already know it's a rather niche audience for the film; releasing it around that time could bring more people into theatres and liking the franchise, giving it more longevity and more attention as both a product and as art.