Will you watch SHR in 3D or regular?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

efr100
Just Passing Through

Will you watch SHR in 3D or regular?

Post by efr100 »

Assuming they release a non-3D version as well, which will you watch in theaters?

I personally am not a huge fan of the whole 3D thing, so I am most likely going to see the regular version if it is offered. Though idk at the same time, I figure I would go all out and just do 3D since I have been waiting so long for this film. I am sort of jumping back and forth.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Will you watch SHR in 3D or regular?

Post by peronmls »

This might make a good pole. but most likely Non-3D because I want to focus on the movie and not the 3D. =)
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

One thing I really respected about Michael J. Bassett when reading his blog during the production was how he made it clear that he didn't want to use 3D simply for gimmick. He really wanted to use it for augmenting the environment, not just for stuff flying at the audience.

I'm of two minds about it. The only 3D experience I've had is Thor, which felt like a pop-up book, but that was because it was filmed in 2D and converted to 3D. I hear that stuff that was originally filmed in 3D, like Avatar and Coraline, are really cool to watch that way, so I definitely want to give Revelation's 3D a chance. It's just a matter of whether I want to see it 3D upon first viewing or not. I still worry that it might be distracting, even if it doesn't look like a pop-up book.

Of course, I still enjoyed Thor even with the pop-up book feel, so perhaps it'll come down to how much money I have when October 26 rolls around.

(it's so cool that we can say stuff like "when October 26 rolls around" now :) )
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I can't see 3D so I'll watch the normal version...
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

If I can see it in 3D, I'll do that. It was filmed in 3D, not some crappy post conversion.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

3D, because it was filmed in it.
HenryJones
Just Passing Through

Post by HenryJones »

I'll probably see it in 2-D unless it gets some kind of rave reviews about the 3-D. Mainly because 3-D makes a movie noticeably dimmer, and one would hope a Silent Hill movie would contain a decent amount of darkness.
I see dead people. Then again, my dad IS a mortician....
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

I'm not a big fan of 3D personally. Even when directors do it the "right way," filming it in 3D and not just converting it, it's still just a gimmick and all those stupid glasses do is darken the screen anyway. So as of right now I'll be seeing it in 2D. Maybe between now and then I'll change my mind, but who knows.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

It was filmed in 3D so I'll be watching it that way. It's not like he was using it for gimmicks anyway.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'm definitely watching it in regular. After finally experiencing a movie in 3D, I never want to watch a 3D movie again. They give me headaches and hurt my eyes, so no thanks. I want my Revelations experience to be as wonderful as ever.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
TheBogeyMan74
Just Passing Through

Post by TheBogeyMan74 »

Has to be 3d played downpour in 3d and watched
Res evil in 3d i love the 3d :)
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Aerith: which movie did you watch in 3D? I have experienced similar discomfort watching a movie that had the 3-D effects slapped on in post-production (John Carter, I'm so disappointed in you) and it was really distracting, but when watching movies that were filmed in 3-D, I was totally okay.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the director makes use of it, since 3-D is a tool that can be very effectively used in the right hands.
Aerith Gainsborough

^It may be the movie. It was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. That movie caused my boyfriend and I to have headaches, and we had to take our glasses off frequently. Man, that experience sucked!

I'll have to try out a movie filmed in 3-D, then. If I don't between now and Revelation, I probably just go ahead and see it in 2-D to be on the safe side. You know I'm gonna be there as soon as I can to see it (I hope there's a midnight showing!).
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

^Same here, I'd rather watch it regular
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^It may be the movie. It was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. That movie caused my boyfriend and I to have headaches, and we had to take our glasses off frequently. Man, that experience sucked!

I'll have to try out a movie filmed in 3-D, then. If I don't between now and Revelation, I probably just go ahead and see it in 2-D to be on the safe side. You know I'm gonna be there as soon as I can to see it (I hope there's a midnight showing!).
The Phantom Menace has been known to cause headaches even without 3D, so yeah...
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^It may be the movie. It was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. That movie caused my boyfriend and I to have headaches, and we had to take our glasses off frequently. Man, that experience sucked!

You can try out The Amazing Spider-Man in July, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter or Brave in June, or The Lorax now, according to Wikipedia. :) Although Brave is odd, since I remember them asking my test audience if we wanted it in 3D, not that it was in 3D...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I'll be watching the regular version. Not really a fan of the MIND BLOWING 3D.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Definitely 3D. I have never seen Silent Hill with visual depth, it'll be a whole new kind of scary!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

2D, I can't see 3D movies.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough

Yuki wrote:

You can try out The Amazing Spider-Man in July, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter or Brave in June, or The Lorax now, according to Wikipedia. :) Although Brave is odd, since I remember them asking my test audience if we wanted it in 3D, not that it was in 3D...
Awesome! My boyfriend and I will most likely be seeing the new Spider Man movie, so I'll try and test it out then (Hopefully he'll want to see it in 3-D).