Revelation and Comic Con

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Revelation and Comic Con

Post by TerryRed »

I admit, it's nice to be super excited about a Silent Hill movie again. All of this teasing with small clips here and there and all of us finding the smallest details was really fun last time.

At least this time we know there will be significant changes to the story and we know more of what to expect...
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I wonder how much retconning Bassett did.... I really can't wait to see this film! Bring not he Trailer!
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Bassett has stated on his blog that he will not be retconning anything from the first film. In particular, I asked him directly if he was going to keep Alessa's backstory and the concept of Alessa/Dark Alessa/Sharon in line with the canon interpretation of the first movie, and he said he would.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

That clip was a bad choice. If it was supposed to be intense, it failed. The quality also seemed kinda low, or atleast not on par with every other movie in theaters, just more close to The Walking Dead or something (not horrible, so it's not a complaint really). But that doesn't mean anything, a good movie is much more than that.
Also, it seems Heather was hiding from the nurses but then starts talking really loud asking questions that seem like they could wait. I am sure I only feel this way because it has no context and really just showed an underdone tension scene.(which may not seem sub-par when with the rest of the film.)

Honestly though, I can't describe what I seen in the clip that turned me off and found it hard giving the elementary thoughts on it I could muster up. I am still excited for Revelation though. I'm not gonna judge an unreleased movie using a 2 minute out of context clip. lol
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Silent Fantasy wrote:That clip was a bad choice. If it was supposed to be intense, it failed. The quality also seemed kinda low, or atleast not on par with every other movie in theaters, just more close to The Walking Dead or something (not horrible, so it's not a complaint really). But that doesn't mean anything, a good movie is much more than that.
Also, it seems Heather was hiding from the nurses but then starts talking really loud asking questions that seem like they could wait. I am sure I only feel this way because it has no context and really just showed an underdone tension scene.(which may not seem sub-par when with the rest of the film.)

Honestly though, I can't describe what I seen in the clip that turned me off and found it hard giving the elementary thoughts on it I could muster up. I am still excited for Revelation though. I'm not gonna judge an unreleased movie using a 2 minute out of context clip. lol
I believe they've stated it was a tamer clip because the panel was open to all audiences and the hall they were in had many families (so they had to keep it PG-13).
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ I wasn't talking about gore though, or even have it in mind. Honestly, I don't believe gore adds anything. (I hated the Saw movies after the first one and hate all the Hostels, etc.) And language, also doesn't matter obviously. It's like I said, I can't explain it. What I wrote is honestly the best I can do considering how short and out of context the clip is.
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Can anyone ask Bassett if the God is goig to be a part of the story? Please, its justbthat i dont know whow to ask him myself :( please?
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:Can anyone ask Bassett if the God is goig to be a part of the story? Please, its justbthat i dont know whow to ask him myself :( please?
One can ask questions on his blog and he usually responds, but he ignores questions like this that tons of people ask for obvious reasons... he's not going to spoil significant things in the movie before it comes out. So I'd recommend just waiting for the film to release and enjoy it. Let things be a surprise.

We should gather Comicon stories here:

Comic-Con: Silent Hill: Revelation Bows
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34588

Comic-Con 2012: ‘End of Watch’ & ‘Silent Hill: Revelation 3D’ Panel
http://screenrant.com/comiccon-2012-end ... dy-187748/

COMIC-CON 2012: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D panel reveals huge news!
http://www.myspace.com/whats-hot/2012/7 ... -huge-news

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Silent Fantasy wrote:^ I wasn't talking about gore though, or even have it in mind. Honestly, I don't believe gore adds anything. (I hated the Saw movies after the first one and hate all the Hostels, etc.) And language, also doesn't matter obviously. It's like I said, I can't explain it. What I wrote is honestly the best I can do considering how short and out of context the clip is.
Again, though, something intense isn't going to be able to be shown in that context.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It didn't have to be intense, but even so, a scene can be intense and be PG-13. I didn't care that the scene wasn't intense, just pointing out that it failed at being so if it was trying. That was the only line I mentioned of anything being intense or not besides calling the clip an underdone tension scene.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »