More interviews from Comic Con (the mall & monsters)

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

More interviews from Comic Con (the mall & monsters)

Post by astral »

Interviews:

Talks about monsters towards the end:

Talk about the mall can be seen here:

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2012/07/18/exc ... all-scene/

(Also, Adelaide claims that the mall was one of the only sets that was bright/not dark, so it's probably safe to assume the hospital will be dark even if a portion of it isn't, for those of you speculating about it.)
I believe, I believe, I believe
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: More interviews from Comic Con (the mall & monsters)

Post by wonder's boy »

Some cool interviews. I'm really interested in the mall sequence now. I like how Bassett responded to one question that he doesn't really believe any video game films have really done it right. I'd have to agree from the ones I've seen. A few have been pretty decent movies on their own, but none have hit home to their source material as a whole. This isn't really a bad thing, though it makes me feel good that Bassett is realistic and honest in response to this question, and makes me wonder if he believes Revelation does it more effectively than past video game films.

Either way, I'm thrilled that he's stressed the film stands on its own from the first film and the games, while still drawing responsibly on its source material, and elaborating on the first film. Will be interesting to see how this will all pan out.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I love listening to the two of them talk about the movie. They really seem to believe in it. I just wish someone would have asked if actual SH3 monsters would be in the movie.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I bet there will be. I don't have any real evidence to support that hope, but there are just too many awesome monster designs in SH3 to not at least include one, considering they're also using some "familiar designs" or whatever he said.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I want to see Closers soooo BAD!!! DX
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

Same. If they really are gonna have Closers, I'm definitely hyped because they said the only CGI monster they're having is the Mannequin spider creature.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

I wonder if the Missionary is gonne be present. I hope so.
And Also Valtiel. He's my favorite monster in the entire series.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

Nice find, I haven't seen one of 'em. I have hope for this film, I heard many good things about it (soundtrack by Akira and Jeff, many elements from the games, like Seal of Metatron, Halo of the Sun, Claudia, The Order, Douglas, statue of Valtiel, probably a monster of him too, it is scarier and darker than the first SH game, producers say it is better than the first film..) and only two bad things: it will be shorter than the first film (I hoped for it to be at least as long as the first one, but I guess it's ok) and the fact that the mannequin monster looked silly (I thought it looked great). :) But, from the trailer I didn't like the way the fog looked, I hope it will look better in the final product.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The trailer is the finished product. The movie has been edited and done for awile now.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

You have a point, but..the fog was kinda disappointing, not to mention the first movie's, which was 6 years ago, was better. :/ Well, I can't judge it yet, I'll watch the entire film first. :)
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

That's because alot of times, Gans would control real fog in a studio setup(or was that only for the mountain side scene??).Basset may have gone for full CGI fog.
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

Silent Fantasy wrote:That's because alot of times, Gans would control real fog in a studio setup(or was that only for the mountain side scene??).Basset may have gone for full CGI fog.
"Last night, fog rolled over a fully realized amusement park, what we’re almost certain is a set for Silent Hill 3D." Part of an article from Torontoist. This means they did use real fog, at least at the amusement park. Well, let's see the final product, many times the film has some little differences from the trailers.

Link to the article: http://torontoist.com/2011/04/scene_fog ... portlands/
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ Then the park should look nice then. lol I honestly didnt notice the fog in the trailer, so I don't know if it looks bad or not. I'm trying not to look too much into the movie before seeing it.