Here it is guys! OFFICIAL Silent Hill: Revelation TRAILER!

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: Here it is guys! OFFICIAL Silent Hill: Revelation TRAILE

Post by jdnation »

I've been saying for awhile that 'The Room' could make an awesome movie! It'd be the easiest one to make too! Basically it can all be shot on indoor sets, even the 'outdoor' sets so that we get that artificiality! 3-D would also be cool to create that claustrophobia and feel for indoor spaces. SH4 really had an awesome atmosphere. When a friend and I finished it for the first time we honestly thought to ourselves "This is the best Silent Hill yet"! Though playing it over definately makes it more cumbersome once you see the mechanics are kinda borked... However, the story and setups and environments and all the little details and hunatings and thigns are fantastic! I hope they do SH4 next! :D
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I agree that 4 would be a great movie. Not only is the story contained in a nice, neat little package, but there are also just some awesome visual directions they could take. (And obviously Interrupted. agrees with you http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17299 Too bad he's not really around anymore.)

But I don't know if 4 could fit into the current movie cannon. Have to wait and see how 2 turns out. Though I suppose they could always just give the movie universe a jump start and remake even if it doesn't fit. That works too.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

What I want to know is where is this R-rated, second trailer at?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I saw this in 3D when I went to see Dredd yesterday. The ash falling down looked really cool.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Numb Body01 wrote:What I want to know is where is this R-rated, second trailer at?
You likely won't see it unless it's released online as a Red-band trailer behind an age-gate. All trailers otherwise must be made for general audiences.

KiramidHead wrote:I saw this in 3D when I went to see Dredd yesterday. The ash falling down looked really cool.
Darn... they didn't play that in front of my screening. I got to see the Hobbit instead. Looked great! Natural landscapes look nice in 3-D.
I, Rabbit
Just Passing Through

Post by I, Rabbit »

The first film was good but i must admit i'd love to see a closer or a humpty doggy (i can't remember the proper name for it, the weird thing that scuttles around and walks all over heather when she is knocked down) in this film. I also don't understand the reasoning for pyramid head in it, surely it wouldn't have taken that much to make valtiel in this one. If they made a movie of the second game pyramid head would fit right in. I'm hoping this film does the game justice
I want to see how far I can go before I'm forced to stop.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

That's what I meant jdnation - Bassett promised an R-rated trailer was to appear online shortly (like, a month ago).
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

KiramidHead wrote:I saw this in 3D when I went to see Dredd yesterday. The ash falling down looked really cool.
Darn... they didn't play that in front of my screening. I got to see the Hobbit instead. Looked great! Natural landscapes look nice in 3-D.[/quote]

I got to see that as well.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I, Rabbit wrote:The first film was good but i must admit i'd love to see a closer or a humpty doggy (i can't remember the proper name for it, the weird thing that scuttles around and walks all over heather when she is knocked down) in this film. I also don't understand the reasoning for pyramid head in it, surely it wouldn't have taken that much to make valtiel in this one. If they made a movie of the second game pyramid head would fit right in. I'm hoping this film does the game justice
This film is a sequel to the first; because Pyramid Head was Alessa's monster in that movie, he's naturally going to be Heather's in this one.

The games and the films are two different canons.
Patchwork_Heaven
Just Passing Through

Post by Patchwork_Heaven »

The first film was good but i must admit i'd love to see a closer or a humpty doggy
It's called a Slurper. And yes, I'd love to see those as well, but it looks less and less likely every time I hear new news of the film.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Saw the trailer on the big screen while watching previews before Resident Evil: Retribution. I was hoping it'd be a 3D trailer, but they showed it in 2D. Still, it was cool to see on the movie screen. Visually, I believe it's going to be one of the most immersive 3D shows because of all the Silent Hill environments have to offer. The fog, ash, darkness and light, flames, transitioning environments, etc.

RE: Retribution was actually an improvement over the last film, I think. It was entertaining and the 3D was awesome, even if there were some ludicrous action moments, WTF dialogue and character appearances, and sometimes unnecessary slow-mo.
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

I just thought of another thing while watching the part of Silent Hill where Rose meets Alessa...

Why would Cheryl come back to the real world and Rose not? After all, she is still wearing the same clothes as in the first movie...

and then it hit me, it's demonstrating a mothers sacrifice for her daughter. She gave her life so Cheryl could have hers, thats why she's stuck in the otherworld, and appears only to assist Heather in Revelation, she's dead. It just makes sense considering Cheryl is shown being held by Chris in their old home, thats going to be the transition from the first one to this. I can dig it, personally that lives up to the symbolism that Silent Hill is about
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Rose did not die in the first movie. It's possible she may have died between movies, but she was alive when she got home with Sharon/Alessa.
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

I know, I meant between movies. How else could they have Cheryl survive and Rose not?
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Well, it's very possible for Rose to still be alive given the information we have at the moment. Her not being around means nothing with the mechanics at work.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I just saw the commercial on adult swim!!!
unreadphilosophy

Post by unreadphilosophy »

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Vincent is a high school student? I understand that the director wanted to add his own unique spin to the film. However, being that he kept Heather and Douglas somewhat accurate, I feel as though he could have at least tried to keep him on par with his original character.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^There's really no place for Game Vincent in the movie cannon, tho. He doesn't have anything Vincent-y to do--the religious group in the town is so isolated and all. Maybe he's just there in a "talk through the issues aloud so we don't have to have ridiculous voice-overs" capacity.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

unreadphilosophy wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Vincent is a high school student? I understand that the director wanted to add his own unique spin to the film. However, being that he kept Heather and Douglas somewhat accurate, I feel as though he could have at least tried to keep him on par with his original character.
I've no problem with it. All game!Vincent did is appear, spout creepy lines, then disappear; movie!Vincent could possibly bring more conflict and ambiguity to the story, and become a more-rounded character.
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

unreadphilosophy wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Vincent is a high school student? I understand that the director wanted to add his own unique spin to the film. However, being that he kept Heather and Douglas somewhat accurate, I feel as though he could have at least tried to keep him on par with his original character.
As already stated, he isn't her boy friend, he's most likely a member of the Order and planted at the school in order to guide Heather to Silent Hill. Watch the 'nurse' clip for the way Heather acts toward him, the still shot of Vincent getting his ass kicked at the feet of Claudia, and one of the songs released is titled, Vincent Condemned. So yea, he's not some douche bag high school kid thrown in to draw a young audience, he will have some meaning in this as in the games. I had hoped that MJB wouldn't have done something that dumb. lol. But yea he's basically the same old Vincent just younger.