MPAA gives it an R

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: MPAA gives it an R

Post by Silent Fantasy »

She has weird barbie lookin tits with pink rubber looking nipples that nearly blend in with the skin. The whole fake Anna deal looks creepier than that scene all together. lol
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

Droo wrote:Can I just point out the lunacy that we feel the need to even draw attention to or warn viewers about "brief nudity" in a movie containing as violent a subject matter as Silent Hill contains?

Stabbings, ritual sacrifices, and torture are one thing but HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS PARENTS THERE MIGHT BE A TIT.
It's probably because violence and disturbing imagery are expected in Silent Hill. But in general I do agree with what you're saying.
I believe, I believe, I believe
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Droo wrote:Can I just point out the lunacy that we feel the need to even draw attention to or warn viewers about "brief nudity" in a movie containing as violent a subject matter as Silent Hill contains?

Stabbings, ritual sacrifices, and torture are one thing but HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS PARENTS THERE MIGHT BE A TIT.

LMFAO this mad me laugh so hard! Hahaha, but it is pretty crazy how sensitive the censor boards are... but then again I guess they have to be.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

They honestly don't..
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

I'm still not sure what I should think of the R-rating :?
Sure, the first movie was rated R as well, but that mostly for silly stuff like Alessa ripping apart cultists and PH playing skin-snatcher. I like my gore in movies if it actually fits, and I admit that Silent Hill always had gruesome imagery, but it was rarely outright gory or exploitative.
Movies like Jacob's Ladder, Clockwork Orange, Lost Highway or Exorcist III are also rated R, but for disturbing or bizarre violent content, not just basic strong brutal violence.

Not that this has to imply that Revelation won't be disturbing, but I kinda hope that they didn't just go all out with the gore and the violence just to make it appear more mature.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It is rated for violence and disturbing images, not gore or even strong violence.
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

Silent Fantasy wrote:It is rated for violence and disturbing images, not gore or even strong violence.
Well nit me a hat ... seems like some untrustworthy site let me astray.

Still hope though that there don't have to be similar over the top scenes though.
Droo

Post by Droo »

No, because nothing over-the-top has any place in an adaptation of SH3.

*coughfetuseatingcough*
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Over the top? Did you not see the trailer? Alessa blowing shit up. Pyramid Head slinging his blade RE style. Claudia evaporating for some reason.
It'll be a bit over the top. This, like SH3 isn't, will not be Shakespearean gold. lol
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Silent Fantasy wrote:Over the top? Did you not see the trailer? Alessa blowing shit up. Pyramid Head slinging his blade RE style. Claudia evaporating for some reason.
It'll be a bit over the top. This, like SH3 isn't, will not be Shakespearean gold. lol
None of what you said is over the top carnage & gore though! I don't think we have to worry about gore being there just for the sake of blood & gore! It will all fit in Silent Hill Style! Hell, in SH1, I thought it was a bit "much" for Alessa to kill Christabella by practically raping her with razor wire and then shredding her to pieces! That could be considered "over-the-top" blood, carnage, and gore!!! IEven though I know it all fits in with the story because Alessa was raped constantly by the janitor and her aunt would not only disbelieve her, but punish her for being a witch! Then she was burned alive by the supposed people she loved and trusted!!! So yeah, Christabella and her followers deserved it, but it was a shocker to see the razor wire fly up her crotch, make her bleed like crazy until being ripped in half starting with her vagina! Ouch!

It's all good though! I have faith that this film will fit the proper amount of blood & gore "TRUE" Silent Hill Style!!! Can't wait till the unrated International trailer though! That will tell us more about the true nature of this film!
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

No, but over the top nonetheless. And the first movie, excluding 1 or 2 scenes, was very conservitive and only used gore as it needed to be used, or at least used it as the game did. lol
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

At least it's not PG-13. I've noticed more and more horror movies are getting that rating.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

They wouldn't have been any better being rated R either though. It just depends on what kind of material is being worked with.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Silent Fantasy wrote:Over the top? Did you not see the trailer? Alessa blowing shit up. Pyramid Head slinging his blade RE style. Claudia evaporating for some reason.
Heaven forbid that Alessa terrorize the cultists like she was said to have done in the first movie. Or that Pyramid Head swings a sword.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Heaven forbid someone point out that something is over the top without ever saying they had an issue with it.
I actually thought it was cool as shit. lol
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

Scanman wrote:That strikes me as odd! Why would he be naked under his apron? Disturbing
Because it's easier to rape things when you're already naked...
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.