Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 29 May 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
Maybe Bassett wanted to give him reasons behnd appearing in the first film, much to the complaints of the fans. And obviously because people love Pyramid Head. One thing I don't understand though, why Pyramid Head? He was never called that and was always named Red Pyramid Thing, Red Pyramid, and Bogyman so far. Never Pyramid Head (as far as I know.lol).
Anyay, I would rather see Valtiel. I will not say Pyramid Head is over used (because he's not. 2 games and 2 movies not counting Arcade), but he does have more screen tie than any other monster other than the nurses.
And since his is supposedto follow SH3 to a point, Valtiel being semi popular, being fan demanded pretty much (not like most fan demands, this one is pretty logical), and the fact that he hasn't had any screen time besides SH3 where he played a decently imortant part in, it would be much better to have him than Pyramid Head. But I guess they have to please the masses...(still no reason for him not to be in it at all along side PHead)

_________________
Image
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2011
Notes left: 283
Silent Fantasy wrote:
Maybe Bassett wanted to give him reasons behnd appearing in the first film, much to the complaints of the fans. And obviously because people love Pyramid Head. One thing I don't understand though, why Pyramid Head? He was never called that and was always named Red Pyramid Thing, Red Pyramid, and Bogyman so far. Never Pyramid Head (as far as I know.lol).


James calls him that after the final boss fight: "Pyramid Head won't move anymore."

Quote:
Anyay, I would rather see Valtiel. I will not say Pyramid Head is over used (because he's not. 2 games and 2 movies not counting Arcade), but he does have more screen tie than any other monster other than the nurses.
And since his is supposedto follow SH3 to a point, Valtiel being semi popular, being fan demanded pretty much (not like most fan demands, this one is pretty logical), and the fact that he hasn't had any screen time besides SH3 where he played a decently imortant part in, it would be much better to have him than Pyramid Head. But I guess they have to please the masses...(still no reason for him not to be in it at all along side PHead)


Valtiel will probably be in there. Bassett went to some lengths to preserve the mythology of the games, so I wouldn't discount it just yet.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
That slipped my mind. I havn't finished SH2 in quite a while.

And I wasn't really discounting Valtiel not being in the movie, it's just discouraging that there are no signs of his presence as of yet besides a throne/statue. There are no signs of the god plot yet either, and since that's Valtiel's main purpose, it may lead to his exclusion. Bassett is making a sequel to the first movie first and formost, so it's possible none of that will be present. That's not to say I would care if they changed his role if he is used without the God plot, I honestly do not care if the plot is used.(no crazy psuado-christian witch burning crap from the first movie though..)

_________________
Image
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Maybe when Claudia gets killed (which she probably will) at the end of the film, he will appear and drag her off the same as he did with Heather in the game.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
That would be cool, but ultimately not anywhere near enough for me. Valtiel was present very often in SH3, but always in the background. This could work in the movie too, and add creepyness and surrealism to the atmosphere if done c orrectly.
There does need to be a dragging scene though. A slow one, not fast kicking and screaming crap.

_________________
Image
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Well, on the soundtrack there's a doom laden ditty called "Vincent Condemned", so you might get your wish.
And it would be pretty cool to see a quick shot of him dragging Lisa about the otherworld.
I'm hoping the elevator scene is replicated, as that scene with Valtiel set the whole mood of the game for me.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2854
I snapped this pic when I was at the movies yesterday:

Image

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - ALIEN ENGINEERS EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
Sadly, I would still hang that in my room next to my Pyramid Head wallscroll. lol

_________________
Image
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster

Missing since: 18 Oct 2012
Notes left: 1
Silent Fantasy wrote:
That reminds me, why does nobody remember that he had a spear? He used it more than the Great Knife.



Yeah right!! lol :D

_________________
I got called down because of the item. Brass knuckle from a brass knuckles company and also a knife.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Official New Poster
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
richavezy wrote:
Silent Fantasy wrote:
That reminds me, why does nobody remember that he had a spear? He used it more than the Great Knife.



Yeah right!! lol :D


I'm not getting what you mean. Are you trying to say he didn't? Because that's not really debatable.

_________________
Image
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: