Official New Poster

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Re: Official New Poster

Post by Garmonbozey »

pink_isnt_well000 wrote:I hate this so much it kinda makes me want to cry. I don't even think I want to see this movie. Not that I was overjoyed by the idea of a second one to begin with. But, yes fuck that poster.
Hey now, give the movie a chance. All you've seen of it thus far is from a marketing team, not the director.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

You can't judge a movie by it's poster.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Good thing that's not what I'm doing. I have not been impressed with anything I've seen so far. If I decide not to give it a chance and it turns out to be amazing then I guess that's my loss.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

While I agree the poster is garbage, I've never been compelled to see a film based solely on a single image supposedly used to entice people to watch it.

It's not like this is a good poster

but the film is amazing.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

Yep, the old pointy headed old bastard seems to have developed some extreme forearm power in that poster.
Who's the man? Me!!
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

No hotlinking please...
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Pretty neat for a lenticular 3-D poster. Those are always catered towards being attention grabbers. Only thing I don't like on it is the font... Like it or not, it's the monsters being spotlighted that'll get the asses in the seats.

They should make a cool one of that shot of the Memory of Alessa walking and everything burning away. Maybe even witha more artistic touch. Could be cool.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Seal of Megatron wrote:Yep, the old pointy headed old bastard seems to have developed some extreme forearm power in that poster.
I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Seems like an oversight considering this same creature had trouble even swinging that same blade in the previous movie... but I guess "cool" has no continuity restraints, so ignore any in universe logic. :?
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

He's maybe using more modern metal working techniques to come up with his great knife's.
It's maybe ceramic, or some other lighter material.
Or maybe he's in the middle of a swing, with the motion blur removed.
Who's the man? Me!!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Yeah, let's go with that. lol
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

Silent Fantasy wrote:I wonder if the people who made that poster realize that the Great Knife is not a cartoon giant sword and is actually heavy even for Pyramid Head..
Very true.
What's the big deal - Laura
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Silent_Storm wrote:
Silent Fantasy wrote:I wonder if the people who made that poster realize that the Great Knife is not a cartoon giant sword and is actually heavy even for Pyramid Head..
Very true.
I hate how they are beefing him up way too much. Even in a picture for "The Book of Memories" they show Red Pyramid walking and holding the Great Knife directly in front of him at waist level. What is the deal? It is called "The Great Knife" for a reason!
For the poster pic, I am assuming that he is in mid-swing and it is coming down about to strike instead of him just holding it like he is pointing it at something.
jdnation wrote:They should make a cool one of that shot of the Memory of Alessa walking and everything burning away. Maybe even witha more artistic touch. Could be cool.
I agree about having a poster with the Memory of Alessa on it! They should use that creepy image of her that is on the new cover of Fangoria. Everytime I see her on that with those stone cold black eyes, I get the chills!!! That would be a good poster...
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Re: Possible New Poster

Post by the konami code »

Silent_Storm wrote:The font makes it look fan made.
i was thinking the same thing :?
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

jdnation wrote: They should make a cool one of that shot of the Memory of Alessa walking and everything burning away. Maybe even witha more artistic touch. Could be cool.
That'd be a cool poster for sure!

If I were to make one, I'd make one like the poster of Rose walking through the fog for the first film. The difference would be, it would be Heather walking, and instead of it being the fog world, she'd be walking into the town in the Otherworld.

I think it's the more unique, interesting looking posters that sell films better. The one with Pyramid Head looks cheap and boring, more like a fan poster than an official piece of promotion.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Marketers do not understand such things sometimes.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Or, they know what'll attract attention. Not for sure, but since they're obviously trying to get horror fans into it, I think the poster is apt.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Something creepy attracts horror fans, not a pyramid headed muffintop holding Cloud's Buster Sword. Though I guess some people just love Red Pyramid, but this makes it hard to take seriously.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

If there hell bent on having him go all Conan, then they should have him using his spear, as the great knife would be useless as a weapon.
Who's the man? Me!!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

That reminds me, why does nobody remember that he had a spear? He used it more than the Great Knife.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

The sword is so much more iconic than the spear, though. I agree that the presence of his spear would be a refreshing, but his sword'll be what the general audience expects, especially after this poster.

There's been a lot of Mr. Head in photos and the trailers. It may just be marketing design choices, but I think we may see a lot more of him than in the first film, and he may even play a larger role in the events of the story. Probably as a vehicle for Alessa's goals like before. We've seen him
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
basically attacking another monster in one of the teasers that is allegedly creature Claudia, so he's likely the head muscles of the Alessa/Heather campaign, as expected.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3