Re: New TV Spot

Post by branj70 »

silenthillking wrote:
Garmonbozey wrote:
silenthillking wrote: --

'Nother new TV spot:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3732192033883
Good find anyone able to pause at 0.24
Very cool, Leonards monster form looks good as shit!
Numinex wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_2lbyXNQa4

New spot with a looooooot of Lakeside Amusement Park footage.
Good find, I like it aside from Heathers scream and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the tied up dude on the merry go round looked retarded
And Robbie the Rabbit does move! Someone on IMDB was saying that it was fake. lol
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The carnival parts that haven't been seen before did look fake, like they were added in just for the commercial. They didn't seem to mesh with the rest of the footage.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Footage that comes through in ads has the potential to look out of place because the cohesiveness that comes with watching a whole film from beginning to end is obviously absent. I felt that the "mannequin-spider lair" set stood out when I first saw it, but I'm sure everything makes much more sense in a viewing of the film.

Either way, the snapshots of the sets we've seen so far are wonderful. I don't think I heard anybody argue against the setting department of the first film, even if they didn't like everything else about it. Bassett and Co seem to have carried over some of the visual aspects of the first while also bringing some of their own stuff to the table.

I love how everybody is getting excited over these TV spots. I'm glad I'm not alone. Oh holy cow no joke they just played the "Give your Halloween the silent treatment" one as I was typing this. :mrgreen:
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

wonder's boy wrote:Footage that comes through in ads has the potential to look out of place because the cohesiveness that comes with watching a whole film from beginning to end is obviously absent. I felt that the "mannequin-spider lair" set stood out when I first saw it, but I'm sure everything makes much more sense in a viewing of the film.
I wasn't talking about cohesivness though. What I was talking about is how the shots of the guy on the merry-go-round, the fish and Heather looking towards it, and Robbie looking up all seeming out of place and as if they were added in after the fact. They didn't fit in like every other shot of the commercial.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Oh! Well, I know which one you're talking about now. That ad did seem off. It felt like two ads they tried to mesh together, unsuccessfully. I would've liked to see them do one like the first half of it. It showed the creepy and slower-paced side of the film while most others have been more of the typical flashy-ad type.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

That's a good point. It did seem like two different ads meshed together.
But my point was how the man, the fish and Heather looking towards it, and Robbie moving were literally made just for that ad. Like they used footage of Heathers scenes in the carnival and cut in those parts. They stick out differently to Heather herself in it.
If you got what I meant, sorry for repeating myself. lol
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

I think that Likeside footage looks so different, because it's part of the Nightmare sequence from the very beginning of the movie.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

I quarantee you that Heather's now famous "ahhh!" scream we keep hearing in these tv spots is not even in the movie. It's a sound drop that has probably been used on other movies,etc...

I would not be suprised if some of these shots in these ads are not in the movie. The first movie had alot of unfinished grey children shots in its ads that looked terrible and had me worried.... but boy when i saw those grey children in the movie i was blown away and glad those shots weren't in the movie!
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Numinex wrote:I think that Likeside footage looks so different, because it's part of the Nightmare sequence from the very beginning of the movie.
I'm not sure how to explain it, but it has a much cheaper feel to it than anything else shown, even the parts Adelaide is shown in those same clips.
They are not from the movie.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

Robbie being a monster has been speculated by fans for a while now, I'm glad that they did end up doing that. To be honest, big mascot-type characters terrify me, so I'm both glad and slight freaked out that this is going to be in the movie.

However, that shot of the guy in bondage gear is a little laughable to me. Not frightening at all.

Does anyone else notice that at the beginning of the spot, Heather is hiding behind horses wrapped in cellophane, then they change to people in bondage gear, and then they are back to horses? I'm guessing the people in bondage are part of Heather's dream sequence (as the shot is a little more "hazy" like a dream would be), while the horses are what the carousel looks like in the real Otherworld.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Think i found a new monster.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

Yeah, the guy in bondage seems..a little random considering that Basset wanted the monsters to be meaningful. I mean, I know bondage imagery has been in the games before, but usually with things stripped of humanity. For instance, you never see the face of the nurse Valtiel carries around.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Another reason it's not really in the movie.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I think the issue with the carnival scenes is that they're going back and forth between two different filters. There seems to be a fuzzier look to what I assume are dream scenes, and then there's a more normal look for when she actually does go there.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

silenthillking wrote:Think i found a new monster.
Sorry man, others beat you to it. According to Whitney's interview with Adelaide, that is the (spoilers)
"Lobotomy Monster"
that
(Heather shoots in the face)
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Sorry man, others beat you to it. According to Whitney's interview with Adelaide, that is the (spoilers)
"Lobotomy Monster"
that
(Heather shoots in the face)
[/quote]

No after the
Lobotomy Monster

Heather is standing on the left the monsters on the right
It looks like it has a metal contraption on it's head
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

To be honest I'm really disappointed that we haven't seen any new monsters from the games brought into SH:R. We've got a number of monsters from the first film returning, and then some new ones by the creation of Michael J Bassett, but I'm not really seeing any monsters from the games other than Leonard and Robbie (although I'm glad that Robbie will be a monster in the film). I'm still trying to hold onto the hope that we might see Closers, Pendulums or some other favourites from the games in SH:R, but my hope is slim at this point.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I saw the "silent treatment" spot play during the Walking Dead last night. Given how many viewers that show has, word is certainly getting out.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

silenthillking wrote: No after the
Lobotomy Monster

Heather is standing on the left the monsters on the right
It looks like it has a metal contraption on it's head
I'm almost 100% sure that's the same monster I just referred to, the one Adelaide was talked about, with it's brains exposed. It's just shown less than half a second later with the camera view pointing towards Heather's face, allowing you to see the back of said monster's head, which has the metal thingy you just mentioned.
eddieatemypizza
Just Passing Through

Post by eddieatemypizza »

anyone notice the silent hill sign is in the wrong location? In the first movie the sign is on the right side of the road with rose walking in. In this movie the sign is on the left side of the road when heather is walking into town.