Official runtime

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Official runtime

Post by KiramidHead »

Yuki wrote:I stand corrected, but I also stand with the thought that SH2 would be easier to straightforwardly adapt, simply with losing symbolism yet maintaining what actually happened to each character.
Come to think of it, Silent Hill 2 would probably have been the ideal choice for a film adaptation. It's completely stand alone, lacks the convoluted Alessa/Order business, and gives the impression of the overall weirdness of Silent Hill without needing a long, drawn out explanation.
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

My point about Silent Hill 2 is that it could easily be adapted into a movie without even having to be called "Silent Hill". It could be called anything and take place anywhere but SH3 HAS to take place in Silent Hill and has to be about Silent Hill and be called "Silent Hill"! That is my only point. Would a SH2 adaption like that suck? Yeah, it would not be as powerful lacking that aspect, but the story itself could very well be placed into anywhere. Hell, Jacob's Ladder is almost just like it in tone.
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

Scanman22 wrote:My point about Silent Hill 2 is that it could easily be adapted into a movie without even having to be called "Silent Hill". It could be called anything and take place anywhere but SH3 HAS to take place in Silent Hill and has to be about Silent Hill and be called "Silent Hill"! That is my only point. Would a SH2 adaption like that suck? Yeah, it would not be as powerful lacking that aspect, but the story itself could very well be placed into anywhere. Hell, Jacob's Ladder is almost just like it in tone.
Uh, I don't understand your point. A SH2 adaptation, not taking place in Silent Hill? Where is the logic in that? The whole aspect of Silent Hill 2 needs the foundation of Silent Hill as a town itself. If you go by that logic, then Silent Hill 3's Order story can take place anywhere else as well.

And how would that make adapting the story to film easier?
Siaye
Just Passing Through

Post by Siaye »

^ Silent Hill not in Silent Hill? What is this? The Room?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

He's saying the concept of SILENT HILL 2—man kills wife, man gets letter from wife, man goes to mysterious vacation town, man confronts inner demons, man remembers killing his wife—can be adapted into a non-SILENT HILL film pretty easily. The core concept doesn't need the SILENT HILL name or brand to be made into a film.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

True, but we'd have to come up with some other mechanism for it to work. SH3 has god being born inside Heather. The Room had the 21 sacraments.

Personally I see it as pointless to remove James from Silent Hill. Just shoot it in a different part of the town.

If you want to remove it from the SH franchise altogether it'd have to be a very different vehicle altogether.