My interview with Michael J Basset, Adelaide and Kit!

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

My interview with Michael J Basset, Adelaide and Kit!

Post by Whitney »

I thought you guys might be interested in hearing my podcast SHR interviews with Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington and Michael J. Bassett.

They were all really nice and seemed pumped for this movie! MJB sounds like a really big fan on the games and knows his stuff.I have really high hopes for his adaptation!

http://silenthillhistoricalsociety.com/?p=11338
My Websites!
Image Image Image
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: My interview with Michael J Basset, Adelaide and Kit!

Post by peronmls »

Very nice podcast!!!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. As usual, I enjoy listening to your Voices in the Static episodes, and this one's extra special considering the upcoming film. I listened to Adelaide's interview earlier this morning and look forward to hearing Kit's and Michael's later on.

I should probably point out for future listeners that there may be some vague spoilers involved, at least in Adelaide's bit. That's common with all the other sources and goodies fans have been gathering here at SHH, though. Thanks again, Whitney! :)
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I'm not sure if it's just because you asked better questions, but Bassett really seems to have a much better understanding of Silent Hill than Gans and Avery did, which isn't to say they didn't know anything atall. I enjoyed what they had to offer. The interview was great though and it makes me have a more hope for the movie.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Bassett has a great understanding of the series, it seems, and I like that he specifically says that it's POSSIBLE to make a movie that is completely true to the games but it'd have to be done with people with a different budget and more creative control. He definitely shows an understanding of the source material and seems to be able to balance attracting mainstream audiences with fans of the games.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It was refreshing that he didn't wiggle around the questions about the source material by giving weird vague answers like it seems many that have worked on Silent Hill products lately do.
He actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

Great interview! It's nice to see that Michael is obviously very passionate about this whole production and knows what he is talking about.
I believe, I believe, I believe
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Actually, if you listen to the French Blur-Ray commentary, Gans had a great love and understanding of the game series. There's even a featurette on the Blu-Ray entirely devoted to Gans talking about how much he adores SH2.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Great stuff! You should try and do a post-interview with Bassett after the film is out and we've all seen it and can talk about spoilers!

I wonder who the cameo will be that he mentioned... Maybe one of the cult followers will be Walter Sullivan?

Try nudging hm into doing Silent Hill 4 next! :P
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

Very nice....Everything that keeps coming out just gets me pumped for the 26...
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

JKristine35 wrote:Actually, if you listen to the French Blur-Ray commentary, Gans had a great love and understanding of the game series. There's even a featurette on the Blu-Ray entirely devoted to Gans talking about how much he adores SH2.
Though it also reveals that he either misunderstood some major points in the plot of SH1 or forgot which was the game and which was his movie, claiming that there was an adult Alessa split into a good and evil half in the game as well.
I really have the feeling that Gans was in love with the visual and atmospheric appeal of SH as a concept and less concerned with the plot, while Basset is a fan of SH's plot first. What delivers the better movie has to be seen.
0uiled
Just Passing Through

Post by 0uiled »

chounokoe wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:Actually, if you listen to the French Blur-Ray commentary, Gans had a great love and understanding of the game series. There's even a featurette on the Blu-Ray entirely devoted to Gans talking about how much he adores SH2.
Though it also reveals that he either misunderstood some major points in the plot of SH1 or forgot which was the game and which was his movie, claiming that there was an adult Alessa split into a good and evil half in the game as well.
I really have the feeling that Gans was in love with the visual and atmospheric appeal of SH as a concept and less concerned with the plot, while Basset is a fan of SH's plot first. What delivers the better movie has to be seen.
Maybe it has to do with Cheryl was seen as good, innocent half of Alessa.
While Alessa the one we see wondering around, we were tricked into believing she was bad by Dahlia.
Also Alessa looked a little older than 14 in the fmv cut scene and Alessa real body we see at the end so there's three.
Silent Hill is like a living thing and the fans are it's blood.
Silent Hill will lose blood time to time but it won't die that easily.
It can still make new blood.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I love Bassett, but even moreso after this interview. Dying to see this film!

I love that he even said 'We didn't do a UFO ending for the DVD', like this was something he'd have done if the budget was there. God, I hope this does well and they bring him back for a 3rd. How's about Tom Waltz writes it? I know, he writes comics, not movies... But I can dream... Heheh...

I'd love the cameo to be Howard, but it's too early for that and I really think it's going to be Travis. He's the cameo guy, and is recognisable by just his clothes, and somebody mentioned rumour of an actor being cast as 'Travis Grady' once on here.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Travis is also tied to the Alessa story in the games, so why not. I thought of him when he mentioned the cameo too.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

chounokoe wrote: Though it also reveals that he either misunderstood some major points in the plot of SH1 or forgot which was the game and which was his movie, claiming that there was an adult Alessa split into a good and evil half in the game as well.
He obviously made a slip up, as no one could possibly believe the first game was about an adult woman with two doubles containing her good and bad sides.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

This interview was very amazing. Whatever minor fears I had about the movie are now gone, and I have confidence that it will be better than the original fear, which I am still passionately in love with.

The only flaw of the movie is that Jodelle Farland isn't in it. Stop aging, you jerk!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It's not her fault they decided to wait 6 years to try Silent Hill again. lol But her replacement seems passible to me. Still a bummer though.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

The attitude of the director was a positive sign; he seemed really down to earth and straight forward about the nature of the project. The way he has to satisfy an audience rather than just the fans, we seemed confident he got the balance right, because it's something silent hill I am looking forward to it, but like the last movie it will most likely be pretty dire.

I think the two actors couldn’t really be bothered, they were just talking waffle. I think because they aren’t really well known they were probably offered a horror script and decided to do it as it is better than sat at home watching x factor.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Kit gets good work with Game of Thrones and Adelaide most likely wants to broaden her resume (Well, same for Kit). Adelaide seemed to have good enough reason to have interest in the script. I don't remember if Kit mentioned his reasonihg (I fell asleep on and off during his portion. I was tired). You can't really sell them out as doing it because they were bored. They had just as much reason to take it as any other acter. You think Sean Bean took a part in both because he was bored?
Also, Bassett really hunted for a good Heather, and was excited to have Adelaide ( I feel like I keep spelling her name wrong).
Anyway, i'm not getting worked up if that's what it seems like. I just think your selling the young actors a bit short. lol
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

True story.

I met sean bean. I graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2007,the same year he got is honory degree, he got his presented to him in the same place I did, great guy. really funny and down to earth, surrounded by women, legend. I wanted to ask him about silent hill but didnt get chance. I don't care for the reasons bean got into the film, his name would draw people that wouldn't other wise watch it, you can't compare old seany to the other two b listers.

I heard he once walked on water.