Before you see SH:R...

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

The Demon
Just Passing Through

Re: Before you see SH:R...

Post by The Demon »

I feel like a lot of people who hated the first film will wish that SH:R was actually more like it.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It will be a SH4 situation appearently. People who hated the first film will see it in a new light and respect it more if Revelations is horrible.
But I have my tickets for a 10:00 showing tonight. I'm hoping for the best, and i'm just going to go in as unbiased as possible and try to enjoy the film for whatever it may be. I'm also gonna try and forget anything negative was said about it while watching as to form my own opinion about it without influence. Hoping for the best.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

Silent Fantasy wrote:It will be a SH4 situation appearently. People who hated the first film will see it in a new light and respect it more if Revelations is horrible.
But I have my tickets for a 10:00 showing tonight. I'm hoping for the best, and i'm just going to go in as unbiased as possible and try to enjoy the film for whatever it may be. I'm also gonna try and forget anything negative was said about it while watching as to form my own opinion about it without influence. Hoping for the best.
+1 I'm doing the same thing tonight at 10pm as well. lol

The way I see it, I've followed this production since it was rumored to be in the works, I love the series, and I know the difference between game/movie. I'm 90% sure I'm going to really enjoy it! The only 10% remaining is Vincent and Heather kiss but I'll live with it.
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^Not even that will bother me honestly. All i'm asking for is no overly corny stuff, for the 3D not to be too gimmicked throughout the movie, and for the movie not to retcon the first's narrative. I have a somewhat high tolerance for stuff many other's may see as cheesy(well, sort of. I'm still a nasty critic..), so it's sad that i'm afraid the movie may have passed a bit beyond my tolerence.
Appreantly every review states everything I don't want is included heavily within the movie. lol
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I've still gotta wait until the 31st since I'm in the UK, but I think I'm going to approach it as a Michael J. Bassett film and a sequel to the first (which I loved) rather than a film of SH3, since I'm as big a fan of both Bassett and the first film as I am of the game series. I feel that if I go in for a film of SH3 I'm going to spend the whole time comparing them rather than enjoying Bassett's latest film for what it is.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

I'm really sad that it won't be released until the end of november here. I will do my best not to be spoiled, I don't even know if I 'll read reviews.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ I wouldn't read any. Some have a tendancy to let spoilers through.
TomWaltz
Just Passing Through

Post by TomWaltz »

Well, I, for one, am looking forward to it! Going this weekend and am confident Mr. Bassett and Co. are gonna entertain me greatly.

Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

Oops. Did I say that out loud? Never mind me, friends... nothing to see here.

Yet.

:twisted:

Talk soon!

Tom Waltz
Tom Waltz
Senior Staff Writer / Editor
IDW Publishing
http://www.idwpublishing.com
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Oh Tom, you devil you. You can't do that to us! :P

Thanks for dropping by though. I hope you enjoy the film as well - I'm going Sunday afternoon and have a lot of confidence that I'll be both surprised and entertained. Let us know what you think!
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

TomWaltz wrote:Well, I, for one, am looking forward to it! Going this weekend and am confident Mr. Bassett and Co. are gonna entertain me greatly.

Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

Yet.

:twisted:

Talk soon!

Tom Waltz
Oh my god. Please let it be a new game. Or at least a new comic. I enjoyed Past Life so much, and I'm eager to get SHR off my mind :)
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Gotta love Tom. Big old tease. ;)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Looking around the net everybody's reactions have been very love/hate about this one. The people who didn't like it are furious, the people who did like it LOVED it. Again, takes me back to the reception of Rob Zombie's Halloween, which is one of my favourite horror films.
TomWaltz wrote:Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

I fucking love you.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

DistantJ wrote:Looking around the net everybody's reactions have been very love/hate about this one. The people who didn't like it are furious, the people who did like it LOVED it. Again, takes me back to the reception of Rob Zombie's Halloween, which is one of my favourite horror films.

Yeah, it's definitely seeming to be either "IT SUCKED AND NOBODY WHO LIKED IT PLAYED THE GAMES BECAUSE IT SUCKED" or "THAT WAS AWESOME", at least judging by Tumblr's reactions. At least people here that hated it aren't hating on it simply because it's different from the games.

I know I loved it, though I'm under no delusion that it's going to win Oscars or anything like that.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Im not expecting it to be amazing (i've read some spoiler free reviews) but I am expecting to enjoy it and to be excited about it. I am going with an open mind and I want to form my own opinion of it before I really start to take in the reviews.