Silent Hill Heaven
http://silenthillforum.com/

Before you see SH:R...
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25165
Page 2 of 2

Author:  The Demon [ 25 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

I feel like a lot of people who hated the first film will wish that SH:R was actually more like it.

Author:  Silent Fantasy [ 25 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

It will be a SH4 situation appearently. People who hated the first film will see it in a new light and respect it more if Revelations is horrible.
But I have my tickets for a 10:00 showing tonight. I'm hoping for the best, and i'm just going to go in as unbiased as possible and try to enjoy the film for whatever it may be. I'm also gonna try and forget anything negative was said about it while watching as to form my own opinion about it without influence. Hoping for the best.

Author:  branj70 [ 25 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Silent Fantasy wrote:
It will be a SH4 situation appearently. People who hated the first film will see it in a new light and respect it more if Revelations is horrible.
But I have my tickets for a 10:00 showing tonight. I'm hoping for the best, and i'm just going to go in as unbiased as possible and try to enjoy the film for whatever it may be. I'm also gonna try and forget anything negative was said about it while watching as to form my own opinion about it without influence. Hoping for the best.

+1 I'm doing the same thing tonight at 10pm as well. lol

The way I see it, I've followed this production since it was rumored to be in the works, I love the series, and I know the difference between game/movie. I'm 90% sure I'm going to really enjoy it! The only 10% remaining is Vincent and Heather kiss but I'll live with it.

Author:  Silent Fantasy [ 25 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

^Not even that will bother me honestly. All i'm asking for is no overly corny stuff, for the 3D not to be too gimmicked throughout the movie, and for the movie not to retcon the first's narrative. I have a somewhat high tolerance for stuff many other's may see as cheesy(well, sort of. I'm still a nasty critic..), so it's sad that i'm afraid the movie may have passed a bit beyond my tolerence.
Appreantly every review states everything I don't want is included heavily within the movie. lol

Author:  DistantJ [ 25 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

I've still gotta wait until the 31st since I'm in the UK, but I think I'm going to approach it as a Michael J. Bassett film and a sequel to the first (which I loved) rather than a film of SH3, since I'm as big a fan of both Bassett and the first film as I am of the game series. I feel that if I go in for a film of SH3 I'm going to spend the whole time comparing them rather than enjoying Bassett's latest film for what it is.

Author:  Leo Ho Tep [ 26 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

I'm really sad that it won't be released until the end of november here. I will do my best not to be spoiled, I don't even know if I 'll read reviews.

Author:  Silent Fantasy [ 26 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

^ I wouldn't read any. Some have a tendancy to let spoilers through.

Author:  TomWaltz [ 26 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Well, I, for one, am looking forward to it! Going this weekend and am confident Mr. Bassett and Co. are gonna entertain me greatly.

Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

Oops. Did I say that out loud? Never mind me, friends... nothing to see here.

Yet.

:twisted:

Talk soon!

Tom Waltz

Author:  wonder's boy [ 26 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Oh Tom, you devil you. You can't do that to us! :P

Thanks for dropping by though. I hope you enjoy the film as well - I'm going Sunday afternoon and have a lot of confidence that I'll be both surprised and entertained. Let us know what you think!

Author:  teosoleil [ 27 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

TomWaltz wrote:
Well, I, for one, am looking forward to it! Going this weekend and am confident Mr. Bassett and Co. are gonna entertain me greatly.

Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

Oops. Did I say that out loud? Never mind me, friends... nothing to see here.

Yet.

:twisted:

Talk soon!

Tom Waltz


Oh my god. Please let it be a new game. Or at least a new comic. I enjoyed Past Life so much, and I'm eager to get SHR off my mind :)

Author:  SilentWren [ 27 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Gotta love Tom. Big old tease. ;)

Author:  DistantJ [ 27 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Looking around the net everybody's reactions have been very love/hate about this one. The people who didn't like it are furious, the people who did like it LOVED it. Again, takes me back to the reception of Rob Zombie's Halloween, which is one of my favourite horror films.

TomWaltz wrote:
Which reminds me, I gotta get back to Tomm and Devin about that other thing we've been talking about...

Oops. Did I say that out loud? Never mind me, friends... nothing to see here.

I fucking love you.

Author:  Yuki [ 27 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

DistantJ wrote:
Looking around the net everybody's reactions have been very love/hate about this one. The people who didn't like it are furious, the people who did like it LOVED it. Again, takes me back to the reception of Rob Zombie's Halloween, which is one of my favourite horror films.



Yeah, it's definitely seeming to be either "IT SUCKED AND NOBODY WHO LIKED IT PLAYED THE GAMES BECAUSE IT SUCKED" or "THAT WAS AWESOME", at least judging by Tumblr's reactions. At least people here that hated it aren't hating on it simply because it's different from the games.

I know I loved it, though I'm under no delusion that it's going to win Oscars or anything like that.

Author:  Mr.FLOOT [ 27 Oct 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: Before you see SH:R...

Im not expecting it to be amazing (i've read some spoiler free reviews) but I am expecting to enjoy it and to be excited about it. I am going with an open mind and I want to form my own opinion of it before I really start to take in the reviews.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/