I swear I just had my own Revelation...

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

branj70
Just Passing Through

I swear I just had my own Revelation...

Post by branj70 »

So I was reading a thread on IMDB about what a movie on the second game would be like, and I quote from IMDB
[Remember when everyone had a great idea for a Silent Hill 2 movie] That stared Sean Bean filling the shoes of James Sunderland (under his name in the first film) going to Silent Hill to find his dead wife? Only to discover a journey into his own personal madness as he meets people like Angela, Laura, Eddie and Maria.
WELL, It hit me... According to spoilers in reviews of SH:R,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
At the end, Harry refuses to leave Silent Hill because he wants to search for Rose, so Heather and Vincent leave without him.
Did MJB just set up for SH: Restless Dreams? Mindfuk. I think he did
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: I swear I just had my own Revelation...

Post by teosoleil »

So what? Did
Christopher kill Rose
??? If that's not present, then it just wont be a good SH2 adaptation. Seems sloppy to me. More like an alussion or nod, rather than a set-up.

And I thought it was Douglas who said that, according to an interview? Or maybe I'm mistaken.
branj70
Just Passing Through

Post by branj70 »

I'm just saying, that's odd that he would write that into the ending. MJB even said himself that he doesn't know if he would want to pick up the movie again, so maybe he was just setting up for someone else to make a third, and use the next logical choice in the series.

And we don't know if
Chris killed Rose. After all, Sharron made it out of the fog world, when at the end of the first movie, both Sharron AND Rose made it out. So maybe Chris could have killed Rose for stupidly kidnapping their daughter and taking her to such a fucked up place? or Rose was sick before the first movie, and right after her and Sharron made it out, she died.
Idk, I'm just throwing out random ways this could be handled, it's just weird they would make this ending like this. WHY THE **** WOULD THEY LEAVE HIM?!?
CrypticIdentity wrote:With the rust and all I can't imagine any of the plumbing in either world is great. OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT VALTIEL'S BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS WHOLE TIME, with all his valve-turning--TURN ON THE SHOWER. He probably smells rank as hell.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

All of what's been suggested would be way too convoluted.

I just think it's a nod to the fact that the town works as something you have to journey through.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Yeah, it's probably A. a little nod to the series and B. giving somebody writing a 3rd film something to anchor to if they need one.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.