Third movie, new story?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Re: Third movie, new story?

Post by tbonesays »

Postcode wrote:
tbonesays wrote: In the film, adult Alessa is around 40, Sharon is 9, and to the degree Dark Alessa even has an age, she has been around for 30 years. Is that the same as the game?
Alessa was 14, Cheryl was 7 and there was no Dark Alessa. I always wondered why there was such a large gap between the burning and the creation of Sharon in the film.
Why any gap at all between the burning and the creation of the good side?

For the film my theory is that the line, "for 30 years they've denied their fate" sounds a lot more dramatic than "my 9 year Trojan Horse plan is finally coming to fruition."
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

unless they have a new production team, new director, new.... well Everything, I am not interested in the slightest, Visually the films were not a complete failure, but were in every other aspect.

Please please do not carry on Heather's story, It's over.

Stop messing with my favorite IP

If they made SH2 into a movie you just know it would be awful, James' character would be a 16 year old girl and PH would be a giant duck or something. And instead of looking for a partner, BF,GF they'd be hunting for a lost pack of post it notes or something equally F***ing Stupid. Don't bother with it.

And if Kojima uses the PH design from the movie I will be tempted to personally hunt him down. He wont though cos he has class (something the games along with the movies have lacked recently)

The only thing I really thought was creepy and genuinely brilliant about the movies was Colin, he was quite good actually.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

If he's doing the game, can I has Del Toro do the next Silent Hill movie plz?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

DistantJ wrote:If he's doing the game, can I has Del Toro do the next Silent Hill movie plz?
That would have real potential. I hope he has at least considered it.
I, Rabbit
Just Passing Through

Post by I, Rabbit »

Why are people saying they'd love to see sh 4 as a film adaption? I really don't see how it would work.
Even if they kept the basic story line, (which would be a struggle for main stream fans to understand I mean seriously, how do you portray in a film the world's dullest guy is locked in his apartment that another man sees as the embodiment of his mother who is also killing the inconsequential side characters you meet and wouldn't have time to care about because the film would actually need to flow and progress so don't bother with much back story), it would still be a mess. Dumbed down at its best, it would still run like a bad caricature, something fans of the film franchise but not the game might possibly get the basics of maybe?

And really, who the hell would want to see someone playing Henry 'are you ok' townshend? (I say someone but it would probably be good ol' Sean bean.

And as for homecoming? Sure. If it wasn't packaged as silent hill.

Revelation wasn't good. Let's admit it. It tried too hard, and much like Vincent, it knew nothing.

I enjoyed it in the sense that it was a mindless film to enjoy. I didn't enjoy it from an avid sh 3 fan. I wouldn't enjoy the next film if it was 2, or 4. I want these new, fresh ideas set into the universe of sh because let's face it, a fan of the games will NEVER watch the film's without a mental checklist of what they did or didn't do right, rather than simply enjoying a new addition to the name.
I want to see how far I can go before I'm forced to stop.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

Silent Hill is one of the few games that you can just simply write an entirely new story with new characters and even a new part of the town. I don't know why this freedom has not been exploited or utilised yet... Del Toro?? I genuinely believe he has what it takes to do it justice.

I would be a lot more excited about a TV series though. I think movies especially horrors have lacked depth in recent years.
Lioness8
Just Passing Through

Post by Lioness8 »

I honestly wish they would leave the movie adaptations alone. First movie was good, not brilliant, but good. Second movie I like to pretend never happened and will go on a huge rant about how terrible it was and how they ruined my favorite character. Seriously, I hate it. It would be cool if they could pull the movies off but ever since the second film I have lost hope.

If they could get an amazing director like Del Toro-hell Tim Burton might even pull it off-use the actual soundtrack from the game, keep to the facts, and actually cast characters that look and ACT like the ones they are based off of...I could see it being good. As it is though they will just play it to people who have not touched the games because they are the majority and will give them money. That's pretty much what happened with Revelations.

This is all just my opinion though and unfortunately I can see even more Silent Hill films happening. I just hope they don't touch The Room.
I wish people roleplayed more.
I do art trades!
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

Sorry to say this but I think Tim Burton would be one of the worst people to be let loose on a SH Movie. It would be a SH for the whole family, gothy and camp with Depp and B. Carter playing charicatures of horror characters. No thanks, SH has to be deeply disturbing or don't bother.

Brad Anderson or Scott Derrickson would be reasonable choices.

Other than that I don't see why we can't get a Japanese SH Movie, now that would have potential. Nobody produces better surreal horror than Japan.

I just don't think he could do it justice.
Lioness8
Just Passing Through

Post by Lioness8 »

No that's true...He did Planet of The Apes and Batman which were dark and the first movies that popped into my mind but what you said is pretty much what he would probably make. He is one of my favorite directors and I think that's why I said it right off the bat. I need to read my posts better while going into a rant.

Not sure if I have seen any movies by them. Will have to look them up later and watch some of their movies.

A Japanese SH movie, now that would be amazing! The best horror movies I have seen have been made in Japan and I think they would do it more than justice. I would be EXCITED to see SH movies made by Japan.

One can only wish that would happen though.
I wish people roleplayed more.
I do art trades!
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Lioness8 wrote:No that's true...He did Planet of The Apes and Batman which were dark and the first movies that popped into my mind but what you said is pretty much what he would probably make. He is one of my favorite directors and I think that's why I said it right off the bat. I need to read my posts better while going into a rant.

Not sure if I have seen any movies by them. Will have to look them up later and watch some of their movies.

A Japanese SH movie, now that would be amazing! The best horror movies I have seen have been made in Japan and I think they would do it more than justice. I would be EXCITED to see SH movies made by Japan.

One can only wish that would happen though.
I find the best horror movies are Canadian remakes of Japanese films starring British Empire actors playing American characters :D