Will you buy this when it is released on DVD/BluRay?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Will you buy this when it is released on DVD/BluRay?

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Assuming it ever actually gets released here in Australia, no. I'll probably hire it if I don't get to see it in cinema, but I don't think I'll have any reason to buy it. I generally only buy movies I really live, otherwise I just rent.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Yuki wrote:I certainly will. I thought it was a blast, even though it had many imperfections.
Same here. I had a lot of fun watching this. I need to put my opinions into a review eventually. I only hope there's an extended cut, and a way to watch it in 3D without a 3D TV - you know, like with those cheap blue/green/red/whatever lenses. Coraline was good quality 3D with those paper glasses, so I see it doing well with Revelation. I'd like to watch it without 3D, too, so I guess it'd be cool either way.

Some movies of great quality I enjoy watching on a first go, yet never really feel like watching them again. While Revelation wasn't without its faults, it was highly enjoyable, thought-provoking and entertaining. I just think overall it's a misunderstood film, maybe even because the plot was so close to Silent Hill 3, yet obviously not Silent Hill 3. But who knows, I'm just speculating.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I think I'll be buying it. I didn't like it very much, but I want to support the series and I don't want to send the message that I want it to die, because I don't. Not that my single purchase makes a big difference, but still.
And I'm sure I'll want to watch it again. Not a lot of times, but... yeah.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Pfft, no.

You think I'm made of money? :P

And I would urge those who didn't like the movie to not buy it, either. Not for a political statement, but because... well... why?
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It's too bad people can't not buy this movie without sending the message that it's the franchise itself that's the problem, when it's just the movie.
Anyway, i'll be buying it for the simple fact that I actually did enjoy it and would watch it again. I also have OCD tendancies with wanting complete collections. lol $23 or so isn't hurting anything though, so no problem.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

eh, i'll get it if there's a director's cut, and a blu ray of the first film included. otherwise no, or i'll just wait till it's like $8 at best buy.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Let me add something else to clarify. I won't buy it solely for the purpose of making a "statement" (although I do want to support the series, so what?). The fact is I want to own it. A SH movie or game would have to be pretty DAAAAMN bad for me not to buy it, because I've owned every SH release thus far and like it that way. True, this movie was pretty bad, but I liked some of it and want to watch it again. I'm even thinking about going to see it again when it's in the dollar theatre.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Spending money on something you didn't like to support a brand is a terrible idea. Konami and all involved need to be sent a message that this level of quality isn't acceptable. At all. If we help them maximize profits, then there's no reason for them to attempt to create something good. Why bother if we're going to hand them our money regardless?

I would say that what needs to be done it a full fan boycott, to ensure the total failing of the film to send a strong clear message that this type of thing won't fly in the future.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Couldn't that be misinterpreted as general disinterest in the franchise? We'd have to let them know specifically that it's a fan boycott or they might not get the right message.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Number 7 wrote:Couldn't that be misinterpreted as general disinterest in the franchise? We'd have to let them know specifically that it's a fan boycott or they might not get the right message.
This is exactly the problem. You would have to put together something to make them aware of it, otherwise it'd just look like "SILENT HILL IS NOT PROFITABLE GO AWAY".
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^That was my point. Even then though, Konami doesn't seem interested in trying any harder than they have been. It's almost sad what they give the developers to work with.
You can't really say the movie is their fault though.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Forking money over to Konami for an inferior product isn't the solution either, though.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I wasn't saying it was. I wouldn't buy something i'm disinterested in, and I don't think anyone else should either.
Sith_Dreamer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sith_Dreamer »

If there is a Director's Cut, definetely. If not, I probably still will, just as part of my small Silent Hill collection (all the games, the film, a few soundtracks, and a couple T-shirts, etc.). Probably will get the Blu Ray, if only because I hope it has decent special features, deleted scenes at the least.
"Once More the Sith Shall Rule the Galaxy!"- Palpatine
"Welcome to My Nightmare!"- Freddy Krueger
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I'll buy it to add it to my SH collection. Hopefully, it will have some good extra content.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Yup, will be buying it, but I'd really like there to be a nice box set with both in. Would like to see some special features on it.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I'm Bassett fan, and I have yet to buy any of his movies on DVD or Blu Ray. I kind of need to remedy that.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Me too, I only have Solomon Kane, but I love Deathwatch and Wilderness. I can catch Wilderness on Netflix any time I want though, heh.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

I will if it has some special features. If not, I'll just download it.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Droo wrote:Forking money over to Konami for an inferior product isn't the solution either, though.
Precisely. We can bitch and moan all we want online, but if they get the dollars, they'll say (justifiably) that our complaints clearly didn't deter us, so they're on the right track.

So, we'll get more of the same.

Imagine if I exhorted all Metroid fans to buy Other MILF, despite it being everything that Metroid shouldn't ever be. Would we get a new game rivaling Super or Prime? Hell no. We'd get Other GMILF.

We might get that, anyway. Guess who's not buying it.

Now, what I'm about to say isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but there's a mentality in fandoms (hey, you can't spell "fanatic" without "fan," amirite?) that it's our responsibility to support an IP, no matter what it does. And it's not as though we're blithely happy with every direction, either. I'd understand it if we were, but we're not, and we somehow think they'll do what we want if we keep demonstrating our unshakable faith.

I mean, hey, if I wanted to get tithed for something I have no guarantee of ever receiving, I'd have joined the Church.

Honestly, the mentality rankles me. So, I took the money that would've gone to a Blu-Ray of this movie, went down to the local shop, and bought A Star is Born, a real fucking movie. Just so those dollars would be tied up and not go to this.

So, again, I beg everyone in earshot to buy this movie because you like it, and for no other reason. Because no other reason is valid. If you hate this movie, or just moderately dislike it, you buying it will only make things worse.