Bassett tweeted...

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Re: Bassett tweeted...

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

How on earth can you retcon the enitre first movie to make a nonsensical second movie and expect people not to notice?
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
ella-guru
Just Passing Through

Post by ella-guru »

Kenji wrote: Yeah, we pay the ticket and we buy the games: We pay their bills. It follows that, if they wanna keep their jobs, they had damn well better work their asses off to please us. We are under no obligation to support their decisions if they don't please us (and anyone who thinks they are is a fool or delusional), and they will suffer if they pursue their rainbows at our enjoyment's expense.

So, yes, it's our damn series and we own it, precisely because we have the power to destroy it (not unrelated to a state's legitimacy being drawn from popular consent). Though, in the movie's case, it's more general than the games fandom (and should be). The question is whether the people were generally satisfied. If yes, good. If no, then that's a problem for everyone involved.
True we are the ones that pay their bills but you can't please all the fans, especially the hardcore ones. Whether it's the content of the movie is too closely related to the game or it's not an exact adaptation, they'll find something to bitch about. Yet again, not all of the fanatics are very negative. I consider myself a devoted SH fan and I personally liked Revelations a lot. I look forward to its release on DVD/blu ray.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

You act as though everyone who doesn't like the film is just some crybaby fanatic who has no legitimate reason for thinking SHR blows.
Arsenic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Arsenic13 »

My issue has nothing to do with the adaptation from game to film, it's just the fact that this is a poorly made film with shoddy acting and terrible pacing. A few easter eggs for fans doesn't make up for how bad it was, imo. Def one of the worst movies of 2012.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Arsenic13 wrote:My issue has nothing to do with the adaptation from game to film, it's just the fact that this is a poorly made film with shoddy acting and terrible pacing. A few easter eggs for fans doesn't make up for how bad it was, imo. Def one of the worst movies of 2012.
I agree 100%
For all I care it could be a movie about a "Brave little Toaster that goes to Mars"... (wait I think theres a movie like that) :lol: As long as its a good plot and good acting I really don't care how far from the games it is.
This movie is poorly done/made. I don't care if there was like 50 hours of lost/unused photoge. nothing can save this train wreck of a movie.
oO?
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

KiramidHead wrote:Because apparently it's okay to insult and belittle a man who made a movie you didn't like. I swear, people these days...
He didn't made a movie, he crapped a turd. Those millions could be better spend by building a giant fortress made out of cash.

Basset should be flayed like the guy from the burger joint
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Redklok wrote:
KiramidHead wrote:Because apparently it's okay to insult and belittle a man who made a movie you didn't like. I swear, people these days...
He didn't made a movie, he crapped a turd.
You truly are the soul of wit. :roll:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Basset should be flayed like the guy from the burger joint
These sort of comments aren't acceptable. Let's not accuse people of deserving death just because they hurt your precious fandom ego.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

Bassett has deleted his blog and Twitter account, well... :roll:
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I hope it wasn't because of the harassment. Our fandom is awful.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Bassett got it easy. In fact, there were almost no complaints at all on either account before the deletion. There was even a guy who insisted that SHR was the best movie in several decades and was a "masterpiece".
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

His blog was filled with negativity, if I remember correctly, before the movie was released.

Speaking of Bassett, didn't he say he was recording a commentary for the film? It's not on the Blu-Ray--just the making-of. I don't see it on the listings for the 3D Blu-Ray, either, and it's not like we can ask him about it.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

No, it was never "filled with negativity" or anything close. There would be an occasional negative comment once every blue moon, which all the other users would rip apart.The only real anger I saw directed at him was a handful of nasty tweets when the film first came out.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Yuki wrote:I hope it wasn't because of the harassment. Our fandom is awful.
He wanted to stop fans mining for his quotes that said he wouldn't retcon any thing from SHI
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

I doubt he got backlash as bad as the one Hulett got, but I still kinda feel bad for him. This movie was more than likely studio rigged to the bones, and I didn't expect it to get that bad of a critical reception.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Honestly, I'm still surprised this movie even exists... I don't mean that as a statement of quality, necessarily, but it still feels unreal to me.
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

Bassett stated on Facebook that he was just tired of having a blog that he didn't have time to update....

And about the negativity on his blog.....It was pretty even in terms of good/bad posts......and about the commentary...Bassett also stated he recorded it on his own for the studios to use on the home releases....I even emailed Universal about why a FREE special feature wasn't included....Their response went something like this...

"Sorry your disappointed, but we have no idea why the audio commentary wasn't included on the home release of Silent Hill: Revelation....Maybe it had something to do with time constraints....we will forward your message to the appropriate people.."

So apparently I had some intern answer my email.....Seriously though....Free Extra that Bassett did on his own...and they can't even put it on a disk....Whatever....I'm getting the french version...Tons of stuff on it....
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

^ I understand why we got more stuff for the first movie, what with Gans being French and half of the bonus material being spoken either in French or bad English, but why we also get more stuff for Revelations is beyond me. Maybe because the first one sold very well for a French BR, thanks to its extras (so thanks to import really) ?

It' s not like SH is insanely popular here, I tried finding a French SH forum a year ago but all the ones I found were deader than disco.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

It made sense with Gans. It doesn't make as much sense with Bassett, except for that Hadida was involved.

That being said, I DID notice in the credits that Hadida's credited with the adaptation (where Bassett is the writer and director), so I really wonder how much work each of them did.

I REALLY wish we'd get the special features. I emailed Universal but never got a response.
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

When did you email them? It took them about two days to get back to me about it...