Mall Scene Theory *SPOILERS*

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Mall Scene Theory *SPOILERS*

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm of the opinion that Heather isn't supposed to have any powers. The powers one possesses in SH is usually a product of hatred and anger. Alessa specifically ripped off Sharon to conserve the remaining innocence she had left, incorrupted by this exact hatred and anger (i.e. darkness).

Therefore, logic dictates that Heather can't hold any psionic powers, as it's contradicory to her essence.
For what it's worth, Alessa had powers before being burned according to the DVD extras of the first movie.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Alessa also had a complete soul before she was burned, which would have been already partially tainted by the severe abuse she suffered at the hands of, well, everybody.

However, I don't think the first film can be used to prove or disprove anything in Revelation, since Bassett retconned so much of it. :(
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

tbonesays wrote:
Yuki wrote:
teosoleil wrote:Which "Alessa?"

It's incorrect if you mean Dark Alessa. She does absolutely nothing in the film to protect Heather. And Pyramid Head was never "sent" in by anybody like a letter, he was just called by Heather with her unrealized subconscious powers of control over the town; he's Alessa's protector and Heather happened to need protection at that
This. Dark Alessa clearly wants Heather away from Silent Hill, and Heather herself specifically wishes for someone to protect her. Considering the journal she's left by Harry outright says that Pyramid Head serves that purpose, there's no reason to think Dark Alessa sent it.
Christopher's book says that PH is a bodyguard for Dark Alessa. If the bodyguard shows up during at the asylum it's because DA commanded it. PH even works the merry-go-round when Alessa wants a ride.
If I remember correctly, doesn't the book refer to Alessa as a whole, not simply Dark Alessa?
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

^ Yes.

In which case it can be assumed that Pyramid Head is co-owned by both Heather and Dark Alessa, since they are technically two sides of the same coin, at least up until the merge.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Yuki wrote:
If I remember correctly, doesn't the book refer to Alessa as a whole, not simply Dark Alessa?
I thought Dark Alessa is a term coined on the forums to distinguish the ghost child that appears to Rose from Alessa the schoolgirl. I try to use DA when referring to the supernatural aspects of the character. As far as the films go though, the Dark Alessa is the monster and Sharon/Heather is the regular girl. Heather could use some special powers at any of the times that she's attacked but there aren't any.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Dark Alessa is the name used for Alessa's dark side in the official final version of the script, on the official website, in interviews, and in promotional materials. However, Gans only once refers to her as "Dark Alessa" in the Blu-Ray commentary (and he calls her "the dark side Alessa" in the Making Of), calling her "Alessa" at all other times.