Silent Hill movie sequel!

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Saken
Just Passing Through

Post by Saken »

Following the Silent hill 2 Story would be the shit.
[b]My signature is STILL TOO BIG.[/b]
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

Saken wrote:Following the Silent hill 2 Story would be the shit.
most dubidly! i would love to see a silent hill 2 based movie!! I truly hope for a great new movie soon!!!
Life changes daily so go with it!
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

I'm sure it's been said a thousand times, but I'd like to see it follow the Silent Hill 2 storyline. When I found out Sean Bean was going to be in Silent Hill, I was almost positive that the movie would follow the SH2 story line.. Yeah, definitely not so much. They could totally play out the story line with what they've given us. SH3 would seem easier and more logical, but I would enjoy the SH2 plot tenfold more than SH3.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I'd like them to retcon out the "mine fire" thing

oh yeah and get an actual score this time too, preferably by Akira
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

i thought using the music from the games was a good thing. i felt that it added to the atmosphere and helped us to feel as though we were back in the game. :wink:
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

alessas angel wrote:i thought using the music from the games was a good thing. i felt that it added to the atmosphere and helped us to feel as though we were back in the game. :wink:
Agreed. It would've been great to hear some new material from Akira, but incorporating the game music into the movie really helped build a familiar atmosphere.

I wish they'd release the re-mixed versions of those songs, though. They were mixed and composed a bit different in the movie than they were in the game... It'd be nice to have those newer versions.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

alessas angel wrote:i thought using the music from the games was a good thing. i felt that it added to the atmosphere and helped us to feel as though we were back in the game. :wink:
and that's I didn't like about it, it takes us OUT of the movie and all we can think about is the scene from the games where the music was used and not focus on the movie, it's far too distracting

movies are supposed to have scores to convey the emotion and sense of a scene, doing nothing but taking music from something else doesn't cut it, I'm sorry

and who wouldn't want Akira to do an original score for the movie?
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

Doo-glas wrote:and who wouldn't want Akira to do an original score for the movie?
Absolutely no one. Period.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Obscurity wrote:
Doo-glas wrote:and who wouldn't want Akira to do an original score for the movie?
Absolutely no one. Period.
why not?
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

No, no. I'm saying that no one would not want Akira to do an original score. Meaning that anyone who has musical taste would want the dude to write it.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Obscurity wrote:No, no. I'm saying that no one would not want Akira to do an original score. Meaning that anyone who has musical taste would want the dude to write it.
oh, sorry I totally misunderstood you there :lol:
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

Doo-glas wrote:
Obscurity wrote:No, no. I'm saying that no one would not want Akira to do an original score. Meaning that anyone who has musical taste would want the dude to write it.
oh, sorry I totally misunderstood you there :lol:
Nah, it's cool. I had to go back and reread it, I thought I was the one who misunderstand.

I wonder what kind of music is going to be in the SH2 movie. I assume Akira's doing the score again, but he's run out of key themes to use from the games for a sequel. Assuming that he is doing the SH2 score, maybe he will end up writing an original score for the movie. I really hope so, at least.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I liked the fact that it brought us back to the game because so many movies are straying way to far from their game roots ie resident evil.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

that was the best part of the movie for me, hearing his music and the ambient sound over the theater sound system.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I was just plain excited to hear the familiar Silent Hill music in the movie, and I think a good job was done in using it where it fit.
New tracks by Akira for the sequel would be good, of course. Not that I'd get mad at hearing one from the games here or there- but something that I think needs to be kept is the original, main Silent Hill theme. Hearing that at the opening of the Silent Hill movie just gives me pleasant chills, even if it though it only played for a few seconds or so.
Crepsley
Just Passing Through

Post by Crepsley »

Twisted Tinhead wrote:I would like to see the whole siries made in to films but in a diffrent order. silent hill 3 the game would become the second film. the second would become the 3rd film and finaly the 4th the 4th film, however the 2nd and 4th game have no conncection to the event of the first game or very little so i think putting the games in to a seqeal order would be good.
i appologise for the spelling errors im not good at spelling. :(
Ok I had some insider information from my friends that love silent hill well they did some reacherch and I guess there is a sequal cometing out and it is based on the the 3rd and 4th game. Just like how the frist movie was based on th e 1st and 2nd.

I woulder if there will be another movie based on the 5th game comeing out for Playstation 3? By which I'm so so so pis sed that I won't be able to play it due to the fack I DON"T HAVE A PLAYSTATION 3!!! :(
[img]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://digilander.libero.it/BlazingPhoenix/Images/Silent%2520Hill%2520Signature%25202.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forumtgmonline.futuregamer.it/vb/showthread.php%3Ft%3D72230&h=200&w=600&sz=138&hl=en&start=106&um=1&tbnid=soatzq56hs42_M:&tbnh=45&tbnw=135&prev=[/img]
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

I should probably just ignore your post but I can't help myself; can you prove your source is real?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

the only real sh2 in he movie was pyramidhead. i would like to see part 2 as a big screen adaptation with james and maria and the like
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

I wonder what kind of music is going to be in the SH2 movie. I assume Akira's doing the score again, but he's run out of key themes to use from the games for a sequel. Assuming that he is doing the SH2 score, maybe he will end up writing an original score for the movie. I really hope so, at least.
Yea, I hope they bring some back. Especially 'there was a hole here'. love to play that on the piano. =P
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by seal_of_metatron »

are they EVER going to get off their collective asses and do something with this? imdb is quickly becoming the next wikipedia in terms of people writing their opinions and hopes as truth, and it's irritating not having any kind of input from anyone directly involved...
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them