So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Come here to talk about the Book of Memories.

Moderator: Moderators

ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Post by ebolasupermonky »

...a few days before release......how crappy is that? Too bad, I was interested in reading up on the story.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... um=twitter

Also looks like the soundtrack is being delayed as well. It's already been removed from Amazon but it's still up on Itunes, might be removed from there also before the weekend is up.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Post by Yuki »

The soundtrack is still on Amazon digitally:

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hill-Memor ... B007K3U2SA

Konami baffles me, though. Delaying it so close to release?
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^That's how it works. They tease you, they give you a hint, and BAM, delayed.

It's a technique that VALVe and Nintendo have been perfecting for years, especially with the Half-Life and Zelda franchises. Now Konami is getting on the bandwagon, too. The lateness bandwagon, of course.

>Book of Memories
>reading up on the story

>...I see what you did there
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Except I've never seen a game delayed less than a week before its supposed release date.
ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

Post by ebolasupermonky »

Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
dawnclover
Just Passing Through

Post by dawnclover »

You guys are forgetting the game was supposed to be out in the UK on the 22nd. So it was actually delayed on the release date. Made me mad :)
Droo

Post by Droo »

Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.
It's three different developers, though. There's no reason for them to have so many glitches, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even mind them in Downpour (for the most part).

ebolasupermonky wrote:Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?

The Vita is not digital-only.
unreadphilosophy

Post by unreadphilosophy »

Droo wrote:Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.
This is the theory that most of the critics are contemplating as well. I think Konami is learning that releasing thee games in a yr. is a recipe for disaster. Still, I'm remaining overly skeptical about Book of Memories. Based on what I've (and we've) seen thus far, I doubt even a delay is going to do much good.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

unreadphilosophy wrote:
Droo wrote:Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.
This is the theory that most of the critics are contemplating as well. I think Konami is learning that releasing thee games in a yr. is a recipe for disaster. Still, I'm remaining overly skeptical about Book of Memories. Based on what I've (and we've) seen thus far, I doubt even a delay is going to do much good.
Konami's the publisher, though, not the developer; the bugs aren't on them (except if they forced the developers to rush the games).
Droo

Post by Droo »

Yuki wrote:
unreadphilosophy wrote:
Konami's the publisher, though, not the developer; the bugs aren't on them (except if they forced the developers to rush the games).
Yes but they also can refuse to publish the games until they're not broken.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Lumpyspace94
Just Passing Through

Post by Lumpyspace94 »

Yuki wrote:
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.
It's three different developers, though. There's no reason for them to have so many glitches, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even mind them in Downpour (for the most part).

ebolasupermonky wrote:Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?

The Vita is not digital-only.
I think by what he meant by that is that they can just re-write the cartridge.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

What are the odds that Book of Memories will ever see a PS3 (or another console) release?
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

It really depends on how well it does, but if I had to guess, I'd say never.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I agree with WToN. We will probably never see a console release of Book of Memories.

A shame, the concept is quite interesting. I won't buy a handheld just to play 3 games, forget it.
Amy Ashton
Just Passing Through

Post by Amy Ashton »

I was looking forward to this release. I`m a sad panda now. I guess we all have to wait...oh joy. Lol. I never actually realized it got delayed. Grrrr!
To the left you can see fog. To the right you can see fog and right in front yep you guessed it more fog.
Thommy Razor
Just Passing Through

Post by Thommy Razor »

A kind young lad working at Gamestop told me BOM is now set for May 22nd, and I see that on their site as well now. Fingers crossed.
Huh. Radio. Whats going on with that radio?
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

http://www.giantbomb.com/new-games/

Yeah, but I just hope it's a better release date than before. I mean, I know they're not really in the same category, but Diablo III and Max Payne 3 drops the week before... Those are pretty much the two biggest releases of the next few months.
At least they're not running against any other major Vita releases, so that should help some. Only time will tell!
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

Ooh, May 22? That's my birthday! Cheers Konami, that's bloody thoughtful of you :D
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]