Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 29 Jun 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 01 Mar 2008
Notes left: 57
...a few days before release......how crappy is that? Too bad, I was interested in reading up on the story.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... um=twitter

Also looks like the soundtrack is being delayed as well. It's already been removed from Amazon but it's still up on Itunes, might be removed from there also before the weekend is up.

_________________
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
The soundtrack is still on Amazon digitally:

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hill-Memor ... B007K3U2SA

Konami baffles me, though. Delaying it so close to release?

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2010
Notes left: 877
Last seen at: The Masonic Temple
^That's how it works. They tease you, they give you a hint, and BAM, delayed.

It's a technique that VALVe and Nintendo have been perfecting for years, especially with the Half-Life and Zelda franchises. Now Konami is getting on the bandwagon, too. The lateness bandwagon, of course.

>Book of Memories
>reading up on the story

>...I see what you did there

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
Except I've never seen a game delayed less than a week before its supposed release date.

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 01 Mar 2008
Notes left: 57
Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?

_________________
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 28 Oct 2009
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Silent Hill, Portugal
You guys are forgetting the game was supposed to be out in the UK on the 22nd. So it was actually delayed on the release date. Made me mad :)


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.

_________________
Image
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.

_________________
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:
^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.


It's three different developers, though. There's no reason for them to have so many glitches, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even mind them in Downpour (for the most part).


ebolasupermonky wrote:
Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?



The Vita is not digital-only.

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 22 Nov 2007
Notes left: 3247
Last seen at: Wouldn't you like to know. ;D
Droo wrote:
Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.


This is the theory that most of the critics are contemplating as well. I think Konami is learning that releasing thee games in a yr. is a recipe for disaster. Still, I'm remaining overly skeptical about Book of Memories. Based on what I've (and we've) seen thus far, I doubt even a delay is going to do much good.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
unreadphilosophy wrote:
Droo wrote:
Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.


This is the theory that most of the critics are contemplating as well. I think Konami is learning that releasing thee games in a yr. is a recipe for disaster. Still, I'm remaining overly skeptical about Book of Memories. Based on what I've (and we've) seen thus far, I doubt even a delay is going to do much good.


Konami's the publisher, though, not the developer; the bugs aren't on them (except if they forced the developers to rush the games).

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Yuki wrote:
unreadphilosophy wrote:
Droo wrote:
Maybe they decided to give it some technical polish after the (much deserved) public lynching Konami has received for Downpour and HD's issues.


This is the theory that most of the critics are contemplating as well. I think Konami is learning that releasing thee games in a yr. is a recipe for disaster. Still, I'm remaining overly skeptical about Book of Memories. Based on what I've (and we've) seen thus far, I doubt even a delay is going to do much good.


Konami's the publisher, though, not the developer; the bugs aren't on them (except if they forced the developers to rush the games).


Yes but they also can refuse to publish the games until they're not broken.

_________________
Image
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 13 Mar 2012
Notes left: 3
Yuki wrote:
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:
^I'd hope so, because man...HD collection is down right bad. I honestly think they've bit off more than they can chew. I think this is why games are suffering in the process. Releasing three games in the same month (originally before the BoM delay) was a recipe for issues.


It's three different developers, though. There's no reason for them to have so many glitches, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even mind them in Downpour (for the most part).


ebolasupermonky wrote:
Yeah I thought games were done a few months or weeks in advance so they have time to print the discs....I guess that apply to the Vita since its just digital isn't it?



The Vita is not digital-only.


I think by what he meant by that is that they can just re-write the cartridge.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 07 Dec 2008
Notes left: 290
Last seen at: Denmark
What are the odds that Book of Memories will ever see a PS3 (or another console) release?


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2010
Notes left: 877
Last seen at: The Masonic Temple
It really depends on how well it does, but if I had to guess, I'd say never.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7925
Last seen at: Nowhere
I agree with WToN. We will probably never see a console release of Book of Memories.

A shame, the concept is quite interesting. I won't buy a handheld just to play 3 games, forget it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Mar 2012
Notes left: 10
Last seen at: Toluca Lake~ Rowing the boat.
I was looking forward to this release. I`m a sad panda now. I guess we all have to wait...oh joy. Lol. I never actually realized it got delayed. Grrrr!

_________________
Image
To the left you can see fog. To the right you can see fog and right in front yep you guessed it more fog.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 27 Jan 2010
Notes left: 12
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
A kind young lad working at Gamestop told me BOM is now set for May 22nd, and I see that on their site as well now. Fingers crossed.

_________________
Huh. Radio. Whats going on with that radio?


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1874
Last seen at: Los Angeles
http://www.giantbomb.com/new-games/

Yeah, but I just hope it's a better release date than before. I mean, I know they're not really in the same category, but Diablo III and Max Payne 3 drops the week before... Those are pretty much the two biggest releases of the next few months.
At least they're not running against any other major Vita releases, so that should help some. Only time will tell!


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: So, Apparently, BoM was delayed....

Missing since: 05 Jun 2009
Notes left: 295
Last seen at: East Coast of Scotland
Ooh, May 22? That's my birthday! Cheers Konami, that's bloody thoughtful of you :D

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: