Demo Video

Come here to talk about the Book of Memories.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Demo Video

Post by Yuki »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUoRwYAK ... r_embedded

Thanks to the Silent Haven tumblr, I found video of the European demo of BoM. Looks fun; not very "Silent Hill"ish, but I enjoy the little nods and it looks like a decent game.
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Re: Demo Video

Post by the konami code »

on one hand, i want to hate this game on principal, but on the other hand, it's looks kinda fun.

hmmmm I guess I'd give it a try, if they ever decide to port it to xbox
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

That looks pretty damn fun. This has a single player mode, after all?
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Yeah, you can play everything solo I think.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

thy_butcher wrote:Yeah, you can play everything solo I think.
Cool. I don't mind online co-op, but my wi-fi here is awful. Now I just need to work on a means of recording an LP...
Droo

Post by Droo »

Ugh. No. Just no.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I hope it isn't too tough to do solo...

Also, if I remember correctly, you can play both solo & co-op. Whatever you feel like at the time I guess.
I'll try both of course.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

thy_butcher wrote:I hope it isn't too tough to do solo...
In other words, let's hope it's not like Peace Walker.
Karakulz
Just Passing Through

Post by Karakulz »

I'm not overly enthralled with this to be honest, probably because of the completely different gameplay and such.

But I think if I actually gave it a go then I might like it, I dunno.

I don't think I will be rushing out to buy a PSVita for this game though >.>
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Post by the konami code »

I heard tomm mention there'd be some puzzle solving in an interview. I'm wondering how complex said puzzles will be when playing with other people
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

It looks kinda fun...reminds me of the Tales of the World games on the PSP. Though the way they designed it it looks more like "Hellraiser the RPG". The little nods are pretty fun but I wouldn't take any of them serious. Valtiel being there was neat, but it would need some explanation to make it proper.

And am I the only one who has problems with that mailman suddenly becoming the mouthpiece of Silent Hill? It doesn't make that much sense for him to be featured THAT prominently...or at least give it a plot-related reason why he didn't appear in Silent Hill between the Past Life comic and Downpour.
the konami code wrote:I heard tomm mention there'd be some puzzle solving in an interview. I'm wondering how complex said puzzles will be when playing with other people
Either I didn't really pay attention or that puzzle at the end of that level was more like a trial and error thing. Was it about arranging the colours or what?
Augophthalmoses
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Augophthalmoses »

It's just two games. Nobody knows for sure if he'll stay with future installments. That said, I don't really mind. At least they chose someone who was an interesting character
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I don't think Howard is a "mouthpiece" per se, just that he knows a lot from being around for a while.
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

thy_butcher wrote:I don't think Howard is a "mouthpiece" per se, just that he knows a lot from being around for a while.
Yes, for pretty much over a hundred years now. And he tends to deliver important plot items to characters of Downpour and BoM. And he has a shop in the Otherworld and seems to be pretty knowledgeable.
Heck, for all we know he could be Valtiel in human form :lol:
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Droo wrote:Ugh. No. Just no.
C'mon, Drew. You're just being harsh about it. It really isn't that bad.
chounokoe wrote:
thy_butcher wrote:I don't think Howard is a "mouthpiece" per se, just that he knows a lot from being around for a while.
Yes, for pretty much over a hundred years now. And he tends to deliver important plot items to characters of Downpour and BoM. And he has a shop in the Otherworld and seems to be pretty knowledgeable.
Heck, for all we know he could be Valtiel in human form :lol:
Valtiel in human form? That'd be awesome! :lol:

I'm watching the video as I type this post, actually. And things are really interesting so far. The voice acting is good and the soundtrack too.
The gameplay now reminds me not of popular dungeon crawlers like Diablo or Baldur's Gate but of the earlier Harry Potter games for the PS1 for some reason. Which isn't a bad thing I might add.

Tomm, Adam (and others from the team): Give Sony the middle finger and release the game on every platform available! C'mon... You want money and the name of the series (and yours, without a doubt) to reach the Heavens don't you? Just do it.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

At least make it a PSN download for PS3 so that crossplay could be implemented ;)
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

^This. I'd probably buy it just for being Silent Hill, although it's not really my type of game. Never played Diablo. This looks a bit repetitive. I also don't really like Howard as the shopkeeper. Supposedly he was a real person according to Past Life. Why does he have to sit around in some guy's dream world now?
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Number 7 wrote:^This. I'd probably buy it just for being Silent Hill, although it's not really my type of game. Never played Diablo. This looks a bit repetitive. I also don't really like Howard as the shopkeeper. Supposedly he was a real person according to Past Life. Why does he have to sit around in some guy's dream world now?
Doesn't mean he's not real. He was in Murphy's Otherworld, after all.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Really not digging this... It'll be the first Silent Hill I wont buy. But maybe I'll wait to hear more wat the rest of you think. I certainly did change my mind about Shattered Memories, but my initial problem with it had nothing to do with the gameplay style or atmosphere.
Adam_WF
Just Passing Through

Post by Adam_WF »

Mephisto wrote:Tomm, Adam (and others from the team): Give Sony the middle finger and release the game on every platform available! C'mon... You want money and the name of the series (and yours, without a doubt) to reach the Heavens don't you? Just do it.
Aw c'mon, nobody deserves the middle finger. 8)