Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: After thinking about it... Book of memories is brilliant!  

Missing since: 23 Nov 2016
Notes left: 12
First I thought it was a lame game,but after thinking and analyzing it, I think it's brilliant. Especially that game messes it up, in a clever way with the lore of silent hill. I mean don't you wanna imagine that Heather in SH 3 dies, just because you used the book and have Aglaophotis in your pocket. Or wrote something in the Book and make creature Valtiel serve and help you.
And it gets more and more after analyzing it. The developers I think explained, which is obvious, that you encounter monsters from all silent hill main series, because of that magic book. And this book is fucking with your head the whole game. One of my explanation theory's on Book of memories is that maybe even protag, feel the same emotional pain, when encounter monsters.
Imagine how does it feel's like for a protag to kill Pyramid head, The Butcher and Bogeyman at the same time.
How insane it is, how that book just insane. And Yeah, developers got the "solid" explanation why there monsters, otherworld's and so on is there. Because of the book, The Book of memories.
Yeah it brings tears to the eyes in a bad way, to the fans of series including myself.
But on other hand there so many of that stuff, and the lore of SH that the protag can messed up with the "explanation" that its the BOOK.
Book makes you see the classic monsters and so on.
Interesting what the hell are the developers thinking. It reminds me more and more of "Arkham world" videogame joke-rumor. Yeah such concept for the SH game, I don't know how to describe it.

:shock:

--------------
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... 4lHPgxb_AI

Last edited by fudgestix on 24 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't double post, use the edit button.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: After thinking about it... Book of memories is brilliant

Missing since: 27 Nov 2016
Notes left: 101
Last seen at: The Lakeview Hotel
Book of memories is actually pretty good, I haven't played through all of it though, but I really like it's concept :)