Anyone here gotten the phone call?

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Anyone here gotten the phone call?

Post by ShadowBaby »

Unless a headset comes standard with PS4, I'm assuming that speaking into the microphone, or not, isn't necessary.

Ugh! I need a PS4. :(
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

ShadowBaby wrote:Unless a headset comes standard with PS4
It does. Not a fancy one, mind you, they're more like earbuds, but it's there.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

NanayaShiki wrote:
I really wish Sony had released a better pair, but its better than nothing I guess!!!
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Matt S wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
I really wish Sony had released a better pair, but its better than nothing I guess!!!
There are better pairs, the best ones being their surround sound headphones/mic combo. I own one for PS3, it's fantastic! But you of course need to be willing to shell out about an extra $80. Though you could always buy your own and synch it via bluetooth. Don't know how the PS4 is, but on PS3 you could do this with any bluetooth headset.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I've seen the comic, but can't recall where. Neogaf, Reddit or GameFAQs - one of those I think. :)

Yes, I've finished it - though only with guidance for that last 'puzzle'. I'd thought it would connect with the text on the ripped photograph and it kind of does, but I'd never have worked out the ten steps etc. on my own!!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I did it without the headset, all I did was do the ten steps from the phone thing, stare at the location the ghost sounds were coming from (mirror, radio, phone) then I looked at the "Hell" writing in the hall, then the phone, then I got the second giggle, stayed still, and the phone rang and voila! Oh, and I collected all the picture pieces.

Here's the video of me getting the call (notice the microphone icon is crossed out)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d241RhhRnU0
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Yeah, first time i did it, but 98% sure the mic part was off.....

Glad everyone's been able to do this...could you imagine if this had hit, and we did not live in the Internet age?

Brady could've released a guide based on the PT demo alone! :mrgreen:
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

True Solution Found?

"The picture pieces provide you with a clue to the final puzzles. It calls upon you to seek her out. So by checking out the haunt locations during the final phase you'll trigger the second giggle."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=5726

Is it associating sounds with location?
Manly breathing/moaning= wait by radio
Woman breathing= wait by phone
Crying= wait in bathroom
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=5727

- Wait for 0:00 bells
- Walk 10 steps for first baby giggle
- Wait for haunting sound and follow to its source (Radio, Phone, Bathroom) with the Bathroom being last
- After you get to the bathroom haunting you should get a second giggle and the rest unfolds on its own it seems

Fun gifs
http://i.minus.com/ibrkPhVy7R2I7k.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibwkMhVpXZ6odz.gif
Sith_Dreamer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sith_Dreamer »

Finally got it without the mic, USed the method of tracking the haunting for the second laugh. I feel so accomplished. :mrgreen:
"Once More the Sith Shall Rule the Galaxy!"- Palpatine
"Welcome to My Nightmare!"- Freddy Krueger
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

So, we know what works now, the next step is working out why it works, where the clues were!!

I've definitely discerned that 'hold still while the controller vibrates' comes from the foreign text, phrases like "My body trembled // I waited inert // I stopped moving // I waited for it to pass", and it's clear that "My voice, can you hear it? This sign, can you read it? I'll wait forever if you'll just come to me." is telling you to go to the location of her voice.

So the only question is, where is the clue for the 10 steps for the first giggle?

Also, the "Whisper her name" must have been something, because when I talked into my Mic after the first baby giggle, the vibration started and the phone rang straight away.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

looks like I need to use this guide. I've been stuck walking this hallway for like 10 minutes, after getting 2 baby giggles.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

The whole 'reverse engineering a puzzle' thing is interesting, how we *sort of* have the answers and now we're trying to find out what the clues were... I kept wondering about the 10 steps thing, and I noticed... If you leave it paused for a while, there's a backwards voice... I reversed it and it said... "I walked until I stood one pace before Jack."

I figure this is the clue for the first laugh - to walk ten paces. I was like "Who is Jack?" for ages, and then I realised, it's like Jack, Queen, King, so one before Jack would be ten. So there's where the ten paces is indicated.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Matt S wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
Yeah, I went and got the turtle beach headset for $25. They also have another good one for $20. The one that comes with the PS4 is utter crap.
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

My friend and I were finally able to get to the end today after two weeks of trying. He's pretty busy now and only wanted to play it when I could come visit.
It was worth the wait though, I really liked the P.T.. I'm now very anxious to hear more news regarding Silent Hills (still getting used to that name).

ETA: They say it doesn't matter what you whisper into the mic, has anyone tried saying something random?
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
Solomon Darling
Just Passing Through

Post by Solomon Darling »

Talolili wrote:ETA: They say it doesn't matter what you whisper into the mic, has anyone tried saying something random?
I've beaten P.T. over 35 times now and yeah, I've tried saying a LOT of stuff.

Most "random" things that work start with the letter J. But Jarith and Jack work 100% of the time.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I did the following to trigger the phone:(All this must be down during the final loop after midnight.)

1. Walk 10 steps from the phone(generally right after the bathroom) until the baby laughs

2. Stay still until the baby laughs, and when the controller suddenly vibrates, put it down until it stops and you hear another laugh. By now, you should have heard the laugh 3 times.

After the third laugh, the phone should ring, and then you should be able to leave the house.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark