Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Aug 2017

Subway Guard
 Post subject: New composer?

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Assuming the devs listed at the end of the demo are working on Silent Hills, and not just the one demo, then the new composer would be Ludvig Forssell. This choice shouldn't be surprising, since he's worked with Kojima before on MGS. Here's a look at his IMDb page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5603882/

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: New composer?

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3182
Last seen at: United States, Texas
JKristine35 wrote:
Assuming the devs listed at the end of the demo are working on Silent Hills, and not just the one demo, then the new composer would be Ludvig Forssell. This choice shouldn't be surprising, since he's worked with Kojima before on MGS. Here's a look at his IMDb page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5603882/

I personally wanted Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. I can't say anything about Ludvig Forssell since what we heard in Ground Zeroes simply isn't enough to judge his work by. (Shrugs) we shall see.

Until you are near

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 12 Aug 2009
Notes left: 122
Last seen at: Jaffrey, NH
Takashi Nakagawa is listed in the credits. He's a film composer, so I should think he's helming the task.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 14 Aug 2014
Notes left: 20
Right now Akira is answering questions on Twitter

https://twitter.com/AkiraYamaoka/status ... 8761409536

Maybe he will confirm whether he's part of the project or not. I certainly hope he is. :D

Gravedigger

Missing since: 24 Dec 2003
Notes left: 450
Last seen at: Happy Burger
I am fairly open to who does it. A lot of fans would love Akira back, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about a new composer

Downpour had a new one, from Dexter show I believe, and he did a good job. Not super memorable, but good.

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 29 Jun 2008
Notes left: 1015
Last seen at: In your fridge
I was kind of hoping that Licht would return. I really liked his work on Downpour.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 24 Feb 2012
Notes left: 37
I found Licht's work on Downpour dreadful. Totally uninspired and completely the wrong composer for the series.

Gravedigger

Huknar wrote:
I found Licht's work on Downpour dreadful. Totally uninspired and completely the wrong composer for the series.

It was 'ok' but not memorable at all for me. Korn was great!!!! kidding

Subway Guard

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Takashi Nakagawa was the enemy programmer on MGS V, whereas Forssell was the composer on that game. If Kojima chose Forssell to compose over Nakagawa once, it's unlikely that he wouldn't do it again. It's even possible that the Takashi who composes film music is not the same as the one working at Kojima Productions, since IMDb lists no game credits to the movie composer's name, and the game dev only worked on sound once (just sound, not composing) nearly a decade ago.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/taka ... Id,277436/

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 12 Oct 2010
Notes left: 1446
Last seen at: Chicago
I would love to have Akira back. Licht I thought did an underwhelming job, and I wouldn't want to see him come back (but that seems very unlikely anyway.)

I don't know anything about Ludvig Forssell, but if he did the music in the teaser then I think it's pretty encouraging so far (I assumed it was Takashi Nakagawa but apparently not...?) Music is extremely important and I hope that he nails it.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 12 Aug 2009
Notes left: 122
Last seen at: Jaffrey, NH
JKristine35 wrote:
Takashi Nakagawa was the enemy programmer on MGS V, whereas Forssell was the composer on that game. If Kojima chose Forssell to compose over Nakagawa once, it's unlikely that he wouldn't do it again. It's even possible that the Takashi who composes film music is not the same as the one working at Kojima Productions, since IMDb lists no game credits to the movie composer's name, and the game dev only worked on sound once (just sound, not composing) nearly a decade ago.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/taka ... Id,277436/

Ooh, good catch. Well, to be completely honest, I'm just desperately hoping for a return of the ost king- so to speak. Come back, Akira!

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 22 Mar 2012
Notes left: 16
VGMO posted an article hinting that given the credits, the OST will probably be composed by the MGS V team. Hopefully Yamaoka will be able to provide some collaborations to it.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 13 Aug 2014
Notes left: 1
i've assumed the team listed in the credits was strictly the one that worked on the demo. obvs since they're all on the MGSV team they'll likely be involved in the main game, but that doesn't rule out a different composer or additional ones. Akria's been dodging it a bit on twitter, which could mean he's in talks or already involved. or he could just be messing around

definitely would not be heartbroken if Forssell ended up being the main composer tho, i really dig those glitchy-sounding tracks he did for PT

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 16 Oct 2012
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Portland
leftshoe18 wrote:
I was kind of hoping that Licht would return. I really liked his work on Downpour.

Same. I'm going to be disappointed if they bring Akira back. Call blasphemy if you will but I started getting sick of most of his scores after Silent Hill 2. Licht had a neat style.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4168
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I'd be lying if I said having Yamaoka back would be awesome, but I don't understand the issues people had with Licht. I thought he did an amazing job of filling Yamaoka's considerable boots. I'd be happy to see him again.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Gravedigger

Here's how some are reading this one:

Possible

Trust me

PT

Last edited by Matt S on 15 Aug 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 14 Aug 2014
Notes left: 20
I think that Licht focused too much on the prison vibe for the soundtrack. I liked it, but it missed that touch of beauty Akira had in his songs. Most of Akira's cutscene songs were pretty chill and smooth, it gave a really unique atmosphere to the games.

I definitely wouldn't mind if they hired a new composer, but honestly I think that Akira's music is the soul of silent hill.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 16 Oct 2012
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Portland
Iunno, I kind of felt that the prison vibe was kind of the whole point of the game? And I doubt that it would be as fitting with Akira's usual twangs and same old guitar riffs that he does with every game ever now. I just feel like he's stuck to a formula ever since the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack because the music sounds interchangeable in all the other Silent Hill games. Downpour's was unique, fitting to its central theme and story. I hear music from that game and I can tell it's from that game, which I like.

I'll be disappointed if Akira comes back.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 06 Jun 2014
Notes left: 11
For MGSV, Ludvig Forssell collaborated with Harry Gregson-Williams (The usual composer for the Metal Gear Solid games) so I don't think he would be opposed to collaborating again with Akira. Personally I think it would be awesome if Akira came back, not because I don't think anyone else is up to the task, but because I love his creepy music so much.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 23 Dec 2006
Notes left: 821
Last seen at: Blackpool UK
There was suspiciously an interview on 30th July on Konami UK's site

One of the questions was
Quote:
13) What are your upcoming projects?

Maybe in the near future, I will bring you something new and exciting!

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/post ... ra-Yamaoka

Keep in mind this interview was done pretty much two weeks before PT (and was suspiciously posted alongside a few more Silent Hill articles).