Random Phrases

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

golden filter
Just Passing Through

Random Phrases

Post by golden filter »

Throughout the game you can see some random flashing text appear on the screen. Maybe we can make a list of all the ones we see, so far i got these:

und durch Nebel schwindenden Bewusstseins (German for - and through fog dwindling consciousness)

susurri sen nomo (Esperanto for - whisper unnamed)
mikefile
Gravedigger

Re: Random Phrases

Post by mikefile »

I didn't play the teaser, but from one of the videos I saw on Youtube, I cought a few of them. And yes, the text was in italian. Not sure if it's intentional or you're able to choose the language in the beginning? Probably the latter.

Anyhow, here's my rough translation:
In the motionless wait I did not move. [Non mi mossi più nell'attesa inerte]
And then his forefinger slipped over my hand. [Poi il suo indice scivolò sulla mia mano]

Both texts were achieved from the photo of the lady. I'd say it probaby has to do with the wife's death. Moments before he shot her in the kitchen, the way he toyed with her before pulling the trigger.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Very cool; I've been wondering about those - thanks
RIP Silent Hills
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

the aspect that has me most curious is the ending wording, right before the actual teaser. Paraphrasing here

Dad was a guy that liked his games

He killed us all

I was getting bored anyway

I will be back, and bringing my toys with me.

I thought about this one. Is the protagonist back from the dead? Some kind of ability to resurrect himself/herself. I don't assume that the person talking is the main character but I kinda wonder too. Clearly that voice does not sound like Reedus or is it just a giant misdirect?
RIP Silent Hills
HillsideSkoomaAddict
Just Passing Through

Post by HillsideSkoomaAddict »

Matts, I don't think so. As we know so far, Daryl killed his wife and his 10yo son. My theory is that the guy speaking at the beginning of the trailer is his son, whose spirit went to the otherworld after being killed and kept growing up there.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

HillsideSkoomaAddict wrote:Matts, I don't think so. As we know so far, Daryl killed his wife and his 10yo son. My theory is that the guy speaking at the beginning of the trailer is his son, whose spirit went to the otherworld after being killed and kept growing up there.
Jesus, I hope not. That would be cheap.
Anyway, maybe that little plot hans't much to do with the main plot. At least, that's how I feel.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Matt S wrote:the aspect that has me most curious is the ending wording, right before the actual teaser. Paraphrasing here

Dad was a guy that liked his games

He killed us all

I was getting bored anyway

I will be back, and bringing my toys with me.

I thought about this one. Is the protagonist back from the dead? Some kind of ability to resurrect himself/herself. I don't assume that the person talking is the main character but I kinda wonder too. Clearly that voice does not sound like Reedus or is it just a giant misdirect?
It's like a thought that began in that thread with the most posts...

Perhaps it could be a message regarding the big change in the next Silent Hill. Not a game dialogue. Something used especially for the teaser, you know?

"Dad was a guy that liked his games" = A player, maybe one of the directors.
"He killed us all" = The older games. Time to focus on something new.
"I was getting bored anyway" = Time to focus on something new².
"I will be back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me." = Silent Hill is back. The next title (P.T.) is a different approach compared to the previous games.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

A lot of the phrases in the game are clues as to what to do in that final puzzle where you talk into the mic and stand still until the controller is done vibrating. They're very obscure though, required a lot of online co-operation to work them out.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Mephisto wrote:
"Dad was a guy that liked his games" = A player, maybe one of the directors.
"He killed us all" = The older games. Time to focus on something new.
"I was getting bored anyway" = Time to focus on something new².
"I will be back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me." = Silent Hill is back. The next title (P.T.) is a different approach compared to the previous games.
You may be onto something there...that makes as much sense as anything
RIP Silent Hills
golden filter
Just Passing Through

Post by golden filter »

i thought this was interesting: http://youtu.be/WbCHGBW6gLk?t=16m17s

He mentions at one point what the radio is saying in swedish:
-Become one of us
-Soon the gates to your dimension will open