Anyone here gotten the phone call?

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Anyone here gotten the phone call?

Post by Droo »

So I'm presently stuck at the same part everyone in the world besides that one girl who finished it is stuck at: the endless loop with different coloured flashlights and trying to get the phone to ring.

Has anyone here managed to get to the Silent Hills teaser themselves? If so, how did you do it?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Re: Anyone here gotten the phone call?

Post by Vixx »

NOPE. Stuck in EXACTLY the same place also. ARGH.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Flashlights...hmm...the whole level is an endless loop

Did this version in the demo last night. I heard the clock strike 12 and just waited and did nothing........and got the call. Just make sure you zoom in on anything unusual and you should trigger it. Forget the wine bottles and paintings as far as I can tell
RIP Silent Hills
Droo

Post by Droo »

I've tried everything. I've looked at everything. I've stood still. I've moved. I've gotten possessed by the ghost lady and tried avoiding her. I've turned on the main hallway light. Nothing.
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Same here. Heard the chimes, checked the clock. I've heard the backwards radio guy, seen the ghost outside, have all the picture scraps, had blue, yellow and white flashlights ... NOTHING. Gah.

If this really is random, that is totally ridiculous. WTF.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Droo

Post by Droo »

People online are theorizing that it may actually be Konami itself using the PSN internet connection to randomly select people to "pass" through to the trailer. The phone call when received says "you have been chosen" and the reports from those who got the call are wildly inconsistent on what they did before receiving the call.

It might also explain why the first known person to reach the trailer just happened to be on Twitch at the time. Obviously Konami would want the reveal to reach the masses.
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Droo wrote:People online are theorizing that it may actually be Konami itself using the PSN internet connection to randomly select people to "pass" through to the trailer. The phone call when received says "you have been chosen" and the reports from those who got the call are wildly inconsistent on what they did before receiving the call.

It might also explain why the first known person to reach the trailer just happened to be on Twitch at the time. Obviously Konami would want the reveal to reach the masses.
Really?! That seems highly unlikely to me but wtf - nothing else I'm doing seems to be working!
V xx

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Droo wrote:People online are theorizing that it may actually be Konami itself using the PSN internet connection to randomly select people to "pass" through to the trailer. The phone call when received says "you have been chosen" and the reports from those who got the call are wildly inconsistent on what they did before receiving the call.

That'd be absolutely insane.
Droo

Post by Droo »

NanayaShiki wrote:

That'd be absolutely insane.
Is there anything about this that hasn't been completely insane so far?
Lives in the mirror"
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Droo wrote:Is there anything about this that hasn't been completely insane so far?
You make a compelling argument.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Ok, gonna replay this and let you all know.

Awesome theory but thats giving Konami way too much credit. I've been chosen both times and so its gotta be triggered by something to zoom in

Every time I heard the woman cry, I always went looking for her.......and she would always float pass me.

Off to play - anyone want to add me to PSN

Matt_VT_Schlo1

Feels good being excited for Silent hill again!
Last edited by Matt S on 13 Aug 2014, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Silent Hills
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

WHAT? Ok, ok... that's just a sick rumor and I love it! Its both scary and awesome at the same time.

Whose voice is it? Norman? Del Toro? Kojima?
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Confirmed to not be Konami picking people. Kojima is giving a live interview about MGS5 and they're doing a segment on P.T. now. He said he wasn't expecting people to get through to the Silent Hill trailer for a week or so, so clearly there is some really tricky aspect to getting through this.
Lives in the mirror"
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

he underestimated Silent hill fans...lol He won't make that mistake twice!!!
RIP Silent Hills
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Have had it confirmed by good authority (heh) that it's not random. It IS a puzzle. I was given a hint, but even that ain't helping me yet! D:

Edit: zomg, I am so stuck you guys.

Edit 2: been wondering if it's something to do with the text on the picture by the clock ...
My voice, can you hear it?
This sign, can you read it?
I’ll wait forever if you’ll just come to me.
I've tried going to the picture when I hear the ghost, and then going back to the ghost ... but nope, nada.

As frustrating as this is, it's also massively awesome. It's the zodiac puzzle for the 21st century! ;)
V xx

Droo

Post by Droo »

Okay so we now know that it has something to do with those messages that flicker on the screen sometimes in various languages. Kojima said today that he was intending for people to have to cooperate internationally online to figure out how to get the phone call.

Sort of amusing a British girl and her three friends figured it out themselves in four hours, apparently by accident.
Lives in the mirror"
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Just did it for my 3rd time - even used twitch, but when I go to the site it doesn't seem to have anything under past broadcast. Weird

Got the red hallways version and did the same stuff before: plant by clock, message by clock - usually cause the one message to appear. Table with little teddy bear on the ground usually unlocks another message. Table with keys and picture is the only time I use 'x' when there is the message, 'gouge' or the like.

Red hallway version you will find a small peep hole on outside. Look thru that when you do, etc.

When I hear the child crying, I go to the little teddy bear. when i hear the crying ghost, I always try to find her.

What language is those messages in? What do they say?
RIP Silent Hills
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Matt S wrote:Just did it for my 3rd time - even used twitch, but when I go to the site it doesn't seem to have anything under past broadcast. Weird

Got the red hallways version and did the same stuff before: plant by clock, message by clock - usually cause the one message to appear. Table with little teddy bear on the ground usually unlocks another message. Table with keys and picture is the only time I use 'x' when there is the message, 'gouge' or the like.

Red hallway version you will find a small peep hole on outside. Look thru that when you do, etc.

When I hear the child crying, I go to the little teddy bear. when i hear the crying ghost, I always try to find her.

What language is those messages in? What do they say?
HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE IT FOR THE THIRD TIME! WTF! D: Haha!
V xx

Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Vixx wrote: HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE IT FOR THE THIRD TIME! WTF! D: Haha!
My OCD finally pays off; I zoomed in on everything
RIP Silent Hills
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

Even if something has a very small chance of occurring, when you have such a big sample size someone is bound to get it. Then when they do it's on youtube in five minutes.