Kojima Twitter Speculation Station

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Below
Just Passing Through

Kojima Twitter Speculation Station

Post by Below »

I just thought it'd be good to have a place for this considering Mr. Kojima's twitter is generally laced with content related to his games. If anyone else is depraved enough to own a twitter account, feel free to contribute.

To kick it off, Kojima recently posted photos of what looks to be a small coastal town with captions indicating he was visiting for location scouting. Considering that The Phantom Pain is reasonably late into development I'd muster a guess to say it's related to Silent Hills.

The town in question is apparently Gardur, Iceland. Cozy-looking little place.
Last edited by Below on 16 Aug 2014, edited 1 time in total.
...nothing really unusual down there.
Huknar
Just Passing Through

Re: Kojima Twitter Speculation Station

Post by Huknar »

If that's the case, then wow! The series couldn't be in any better hands if they are putting THIS much love into it. It's like Silent Hill 2 all over again.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

People can say whatever they want about Kojima's style or writing ability, that's all subjective. One thing nobody can deny is that he takes his work very seriously and always goes as far as he can with it.

That being said, good idea for a thread. To be honest, following Kojima's twitter is kind of a pain. It's like 70% pictures of food. If people want to filter through it for the inevitable hints and info drops, godspeed my friends.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

The guy has my respect and I agree. He does not half ass his work

Not twitter, but interview - still deciding on 1st and 3rd person. And 2016 release date

http://whatifgaming.com/silent-hills-de ... nt-of-view
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Some of this seems relevant...

The process for Kojima Productions is to base as much as they an on real world locations and materials. In fact much of the texture work is from scanned materials, and likewise the same intensive process is applied to capture it under different lighting conditions. Check out some of the earlier videos on the FOX Engine and Kojima's GDC presentations.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

Seems like Kojima really pours a great deal of effort into this (I was first a little worried since he also has MGS to 'deal' with) and it's nice to see that he also seriously thinks about various aspects that make a good horror game or what horror is in general. This makes me very optimistic.

On a side note, I also loved the Spanish horror movie REC and it's nice to hear that they were inspired by it when making PT. Whether this will also translate in the actual game and whether he will also use other 'mordern' horror sources remains to be seen.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Dutchman wrote:Seems like Kojima really pours a great deal of effort into this (I was first a little worried since he also has MGS to 'deal' with) and it's nice to see that he also seriously thinks about various aspects that make a good horror game or what horror is in general. This makes me very optimistic.

On a side note, I also loved the Spanish horror movie REC and it's nice to hear that they were inspired by it when making PT. Whether this will also translate in the actual game and whether he will also use other 'mordern' horror sources remains to be seen.
I'm betting Kojima is loving having another project, he's been itching to get away from MGS for years.
HillsideSkoomaAddict
Just Passing Through

Post by HillsideSkoomaAddict »

That picture reminds me of Silent Hill 2, great news for me.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Nice to see him reference the movie REC. It's easily one of the scariest movies of the last decade.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Agreed; REC was great! And REC 2 was good....heard Rec 3 is a comedy? What.. the, really?
RIP Silent Hills