Silent Hills - online connected towns & experiences?

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hills - online connected towns & experiences?

Post by jdnation »

I'm keen on the idea that two players approaching each other could then begin to have their worlds overlap like the concept of Silent Hill 2. Though this would work if the game uses a customizable system that takes inspiration from Shattered Memories.

Perhaps even from a distance you see someone else fighting a monster. And maybe even talk to each other through a passage with suitable vague preset messages?

Though unlocking an optional side co-op mission where via separation like in Resident Evil 0 you both perform certain functions to complete an optional side-story that caters to location--isolated co-op play? Worth exploring if it culminates in a boss-fight that you both can take on in an interesting way, where one person is trapped and must fight whilet he other must aid them in some way. When it is completed, both of you end up back in your own single-player world with some benefits depending on whether this was successfully completed.

For example I'm thinking of SH2 where James randomly encounters other characters, where there are other people trapped in SH that you might encounter at random and choose to help or not and this might also reflect on your character choices.
dias17se
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hills - online connected towns & experiences?

Post by dias17se »

[/quote]
While you're probably right that it's not gonna happen, could you go into more detail about how it's a ridiculous idea?

Yes, there would be a ton of risk involved, but players leaving prefab messages for each other, to help or hinder, is not unlike what the series has already been doing with the not-so-cryptic scribblings left by what is presumably others trapped in the town
.[/quote]

That actually made me wonder.

It would have to be an incredible well polished idea.

Imo it just can´t work, i personally don´t wanna co-op in silent hill. I might be wrong of course.

I´m imagining playing previous SH with co-op , like sh2 and someone could play as Maria ,and i wouldn´t liked it as much, Re tried that (resident evil online) and it wasn´t that bad as far as arcade mode, but for SH idk.

I will admit the game needs to evolve.