P.T. Final Loop - an actual solution?!

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

P.T. Final Loop - an actual solution?!

Post by Vixx »

@tortoiseontour from The Grate Debate believes he's come up with a definitive solution to that maddening final loop.

Not tested it myself, but had to share - the level of detail into the analysis is extraordinarily, and makes all kinds of incredible sense. Check it out!

V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Patman
Gravedigger

Re: P.T. Final Loop - an actual solution?!

Post by Patman »

Worked for me on the very first try. I didn' t even have to track Lisa, waiting near the clock for the bells to ring triggers the bathroom haunting, so as soon as I got the first laugh I walked a few more steps to the mirror and whispered Jarith three times. Bam, second laugh.

For the record before I tried it I also checked my mic settings and noticed I hadn' t plugged it correctly, maybe that' s why I was having so much trouble.

Well anyway, thanks, I was starting to feel like smashing something.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything online related to Jarith being an angel's name or having anything to do with demonology, but it was admittedly just a quick search.

I had to stifle a laugh when he whispered it, because I couldn't stop thinking of David Bowie's character (Jareth) from Labyrinth.
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

KingCrimson wrote:I did a quick search and couldn't find anything online related to Jarith being an angel's name or having anything to do with demonology, but it was admittedly just a quick search.

I had to stifle a laugh when he whispered it, because I couldn't stop thinking of David Bowie's character (Jareth) from Labyrinth.
From what I gathered Jarith is one of the numerous derivative spellings for Jared. Didn' t ring a bell until wikipedia told me that' d be Methuselah' s grandpa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_(biblical_figure)
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

will check this out myself; thanks
RIP Silent Hills
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I think he's dead on with the ordering of the translated phrases. They are definitely hints on how to solve the final puzzle.

However, I think he's off base with the whole numbers thing. I don't think that code he's "discovered" is actually intentional. Mostly because there are some huge leaps in logic there and people have been beating it without saying that particular name. However, it IS worth noting that it's seemed to work every time they did it.

Other people are saying that they're also getting it to work with other names and words that start with "J" as well as anything that contains a certain type of sound. I don't think the game looks for a particular name or word, but for a specific sound. Since that note is signed "J", saying names that start with a "J" sound seem to work consistently.

So, I do think he's solved it, just not in the exact way he thinks he did.
RedPyramidThingy
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThingy »

Yeah I think the whole code and flipping the numbers around thing was a bit far-fetched but picking up on the J sound was quite smart. Going to try and say my name, Jamie, and see if it has the same effect.
Rinku95
Just Passing Through

Post by Rinku95 »

I think that it is relationated with the J that appears on the "crash screen". A name which starts with J... maybe James?

According to SH2, James can have similarities with the killer of Lisa. Supposedly Lisa was killed by his husband...
The Spanish Guy
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Saying Jarith definitely works. I just tried it several times and it worked every time. But now the problem is that the first laugh where you walk 10 steps after the clock strikes midnight will no longer trigger. I've had this problem during the last few times I've started the game to attempt to get the ending. Can anyone tell me why this is and when I'm supposed to start walking?
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Number 7 wrote:Saying Jarith definitely works. I just tried it several times and it worked every time. But now the problem is that the first laugh where you walk 10 steps after the clock strikes midnight will no longer trigger. I've had this problem during the last few times I've started the game to attempt to get the ending. Can anyone tell me why this is and when I'm supposed to start walking?
If the first laugh doesn' t trigger just walk out to reset the loop ? I' m not sure why but sometimes the first laugh didn' t trigger on my end either, though that was rare. If I had to take a wild guess I' d say it happened when I reset the loop right in the middle of a haunting. I' ve managed to trigger it anyway when that happened, but go figure if it was by walking around some more or inspecting something in particular. It' s probably quicker to just try your luck again.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

The name and the reference to the Biblical acount of the Nephelim that has been interpreted as fallen angels mating with woena nd giving birth to particular beings does make sense of the baby-thing that looks like a cross between a bird/human and probably plays into the lore of this story.

Some either interpret this as demons either mating with human women supernaturally, or demons posessing men and thourhg them impregnating women and giving birth to supernatural/powerful beings.

But technically the Biblical account is only referring to fallen men and the reference to giants is not connected to the taking of wives other than just to mention it as an aside of what that epoch of time was like. The Sons of God/Nephilim distinction is only to discriminate between men who were faithful to God and those who weren't. In this case, some sons of God were seduced by some daughters of men. A theme that is continuously evoked a a struggle between a world rules by men versus a world ruled by God and this constant tug of war throughout history.

But anyway, assuming the former was used as inspiration for P.T....

Making sense of this seems that Jareth was posessed by a demon (there's a monster inside of me), who then enters into/reproduces in Lisa via intercourse with Jareth. Jareth goes crazy and tries to murder his wife and the child.

This also calls back to Silent Hill where Dahlia wants to bring a god into the world and uses Kaufman to artficial insemination to impregnate her to give birth to Alessa (if I'm remembering the details right). And through pain and suffering will allow the god within Alessa to take control.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Yeah, this solution works, and I solved it on my first try. I'm glad someone figured it out, because I randomly got the baby to laugh twice on my initial playthrough, but didn't realize you had to sit still in order to achieve the 3rd laugh. I hadn't been able to get the baby to laugh twice since then, so much thanks for posting this Vixx.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Can anybody help me get these in order?

I walked until I stood one pace before Jack
The moment our hands overlapped
I whispered his name
But the night wind took his voice away
We shared a private moment in the dark
His touch was stone cold
So much that every part of him was trembling
I waited for it to pass, never moving a step, his hand in mine
I waited inert, never moving
He ran his index finger across my hand
I believe I heard the phone...

I think I spotted a couple of things other people haven't...

The moment our hands overlapped
The two hands of a clock overlap at midnight (and at 6:30). This is exactly when you have to start the ritual (walking 10 steps).

I walked until I stood one pace before Jack
"One before jack" would be 10, since Jack, Queen and then King follow 10 in a pack of cards.

It ALMOST forms a coherent story (I reckon with better translation, it will) about a haunting moment shared with a man named Jack. This "Jareth" thing, it could be that you just say "Jack", unless it's just that the name is used for the 10 steps puzzle.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

DistantJ wrote: It ALMOST forms a coherent story (I reckon with better translation, it will) about a haunting moment shared with a man named Jack. This "Jareth" thing, it could be that you just say "Jack", unless it's just that the name is used for the 10 steps puzzle.
Well someone on youtube was claiming they said any word that started with a J, and it would trigger the laugh.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

That'd fit with my theory then, and make things less complicated.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.