Reserving all opinion until a true demo.

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Think The Final Product Will Be Like P.T.?

The Final Product Will Be exactly Like P.T.
No votes
Nah, P.T. and Silent Hills will be different entirely.
75%
Silent Hills will be significantly similar to P.T.
25%

Total votes: 12

J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Reserving all opinion until a true demo.

Post by J. Quinzelle »

Although I love P.T. and found it quite scary, a message I received at the end of my play stating that the teaser is not representing of the final product. Then I thought of the word teaser and realized that the final product may be NOTHING like P.T.

I will not associate my expectations to this teaser. I loved it, but reserve my excitement until a real playable DEMO representative of the final product.

Who else feels this way?
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Patman
Gravedigger

Re: Reserving all opinion until a true demo.

Post by Patman »

Most actual demos have that kind of message as well, it' s just written tiny, somewhere in that wall of text no one ever reads. They put it here for the same reason most movies warn you any resemblance to actually facts would be purely coincidental : to make sure they won' t be found guilty if you throw a frivolous lawsuit at them.

In the end most games end up being 100% like the demo. PT is a bit different since Kojima likes to experiment. The game is also at a much earlier stage of its development than most games are when they do release a demo, Kojima has plenty of time to have a 180° change of heart.

Still, I wouldn' t be shocked if the game ended up re-using the exact same gameplay and/or story. I can see it going either way.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I'm sure it will be like it in some ways; otherwise a demo/teaser seems a bit pointless, don't you think? The part people played through in PT may actually be in the final game, or it may only be similar in some ways. All we can really do at this point is guess about that. But I am sure the smug people I've seen (on Facebook) getting after people for relating PT to Silent Hills, saying "PT has NOTHING to do with Silent Hills!" are incorrect.
The purpose of the message is simply to express that changes may be made before the final product, and they reserve the right to make those changes as significant as they choose. But I would guess that much of what is seen in it will be included in some way.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

I think it's mostly just a showcase for their own "brand" of horror. I mean you wouldn't have even known it was SH without the reveal at the end so I hope the final game won't be too similar.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Keep in mind that P.T. was made the way it was so that you wouldn't guess it was Silent Hill. It was made to resemble the resurgence of survival horror in the indie scene, which are usually first person affairs. Even the graphics were dumbed down and the game concept made simpler so that the demo wouldn't be connected to the work of any large professional developer. You can see this by comparing P.T. to the TGS Silent Hills/P.T. internal concept trailer.

Given Norman Reedus's involvement and the outdoor scene from the end, it is pretty much guaranteed that the game is being created as a traditional 3rd person affair, which doesn't necessarily rule out a toggable first person view or gaming segments.
unreadphilosophy
Historical Society Historian

Post by unreadphilosophy »

Kojima has already confirmed that P.T. won't have anything to do with the final ver. of Silent Hills. The demo was simply meant to showcase the type of horror that Hideo wants to bring back to the Silent Hill universe.
Jezebel in Hell
Just Passing Through

Post by Jezebel in Hell »

I actually wrote about this for local my web-magazine. It is too long to post, so I will post the link. I focus on the fact that I feel P.T. will ultimately do more harm for Silent Hills than good.

http://twincitiesgeek.com/2015/01/a-loo ... e-teasers/
Oh, what a crippled existence nine-hundred years must lead.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

@jezebel:

Some of what you say holds weight and I agree with a lot of it, but there is no legitimate reason to assume they couldn't keep up the scare factor throughout a longer story.

There are different types of scares to bring to the table, you don't have to be completely terrified the whole way through, just being unsettled can be enough for the most part. Siren Blood Curse is a good example of a game that keeps you on edge at all times.

I for one am more exited about this than I ever was about HC or DP.

I have faith in Kojima and Del Toro. They may just give the fans the SH they have been crying out for. It could tank, that is without question. It could also be the most successful horror game ever made, it has the potential for both.

You can't write off Kojima yet, although I expect the game will be polarising however it turns out, you'll never please everyone.