P.T. named eighth best game of 2014 by Slant

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

P.T. named eighth best game of 2014 by Slant

Post by Droo »

http://www.slantmagazine.com/features/a ... of-2014/P4

The accolades and acclaim keep rolling in!
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Re: P.T. named eighth best game of 2014 by Slant

Post by aj4x94 »

What's funny is it's not even a game!

But I am glad that Silent Hill is finally climbing back into the spotlight after being written off by everyone except the most loyal fans like us.

I just hope that the game is actually in development as we speak and not being put on the backburner until MGSV releases. There's so much vaporware people are waiting for already.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

It was a bad year for gamers if PT is considered the 8th best game of this year. I like the hype and all, but now people are going to expect this new SH game to be best thing ever. I'm worried about too much hype.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

aj4x94 wrote:What's funny is it's not even a game!
It has a beginning, middle, end, gameplay, it's in an online store/database, and they've stated it is not representative of "Silent Hills." That sounds like something that qualifies as a game to me. The nature of the games landscape has changed with "alpha" and "pre-release" games becoming extremely common place in the past years. In the spectrum, PT is a polished work that was played by a large audience that responded positively to it.
Skele wrote:It was a bad year for gamers if PT is considered the 8th best game of this year. I like the hype and all, but now people are going to expect this new SH game to be best thing ever. I'm worried about too much hype.
I don't think a subjective list's choice should ever be an indication of quality. After all, Nintendo was killing it with MK8, Smash, Toad Treasure Tracker, and helping Bayonetta 2 see the light of day. Now, if you want to point to the debacle of high profile games that are broken, that would be another thing!

At this point, I will take a positive hype around SH over what the general fanfare has been the past decade.