Del Toro spills a little insight into Silent Hills.

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Del Toro spills a little insight into Silent Hills.

Post by jdnation »

It's not much, but in answer to a question he says a few interesting things...

So far your career has been quite varied with some work in video games. Although Silent Hills didn’t work out, what was the experience like?

It was curious.

We had a great experience and had great story sessions with hundreds upon hundreds of designs. Some of the stuff that we were designing for Silent Hills I’ve seen in games that came after, like The Last of Us, which makes me think we were not wrong, we were going in the right direction.

The thing with Kojima and Silent Hills is that I thought we would do a really remarkable game and really go for the jugular.

We were hoping to actually create some sort of panic with some of the devices we were talking about and it is really a shame that it’s not happening. When you ask about how things operate, that makes no fucking sense at all that that game is not happening.

Makes no fucking sense at all. That’s the randomness that I was talking about.

By 'randomness' he is referring to something he said earlier in an interview about how working with movie studios can be with regards to what they will finance or make a hit, or suddenly cancel.

The full interview is here:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33645 ... mson-peak/
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Del Toro spills a little insight into Silent Hills.

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Yeah, it sounds like he really wants something--anything to happen. Maybe something is happening under the radar.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

They must have really been meeting for a while prior to the PT release. The Last of Us has been out for a while now.
silent hills 4ever
Just Passing Through

Post by silent hills 4ever »

There has to be something going on behind the scenes with how much this guy brings up the project and it's ideas. I think they are talking about working on something. At the very least it's good to see that he is just as devastated about the cancellation as I am :cry: