Could Climax Studios be the Studio Behind the Game?

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Could Climax Studios be the Studio Behind the Game?

Post by Droo »

I keep thinking about how the uniquely British insult of "minger" used in the leaked image of the paper face girl.

I'm wondering if Climax was brought back on to do the new SH game? Origins and in particular Shattered Memories were fairly well received compared to the other post Team Silent games.

They also posted this on their Facebook back in February:
Happy Friday Folks,

More exceptional opportunities for experienced Remote Unity Programmers to work on a new high end, top drawer AAA project.
If the new SH is supposed to be a serious, major project, then that fits with their description of their next project being a AAA project.

Thoughts?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Could Climax Studios be the Studio Behind the Game?

Post by leftshoe18 »

I really like Origins and (especially) Shattered Memories. I'd definitely welcome a new Climax Silent Hill game.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I believe the rumor is that it's a Japanese developer. I also imagine for the big return they'd want someone that hasn't had a go before. That said, personally I'd be down. Origins is a miss for me but Shattered Memories is up there with the first three and I always felt they had potential to make more good SH games.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Well if the rumor of three new games in development is true maybe we have a Bloober game, a Climax game and a Japanese game?
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

I personally can’t come to the conclusion Climax is involved just yet. The main character could be a British ex-pat living in America, or the games’s world could involve something like the internet to manifest things.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

leftshoe18 wrote: 16 May 2022 Well if the rumor of three new games in development is true maybe we have a Bloober game, a Climax game and a Japanese game?
This is what I think may be the case (no insider knowledge here: just my hunch).
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

I'm sure they will be down for a short story entry, unless they are too burned from working with Konami previously.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Why would they be burned? Was there drama related to the development of Origins or Shattered Memories that I'm unaware of?
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Oh, sorry, I incorrectly assumed that Tom Heulett was there with them, but he actually worked directly under Konami and went elsewhere.
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Is Sam Barlow still with them? I'd be pretty happy if he was involved in this somehow.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Wigeke wrote: 17 May 2022 Is Sam Barlow still with them? I'd be pretty happy if he was involved in this somehow.
He left in 2014 to form his own studio following the cancelation of Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun. He since has released Her Story and Telling Lies, with a game called Immortality coming this year for PC and Xbox.

That said, his indie studio seems perfectly suited for the rumoured "episodic narrative games" that are being rumoured. His specialty seems to be these unique story driven games. Her Story in particular was very acclaimed.
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke

Post by Wigeke »

Droo wrote: 17 May 2022
Wigeke wrote: 17 May 2022 Is Sam Barlow still with them? I'd be pretty happy if he was involved in this somehow.
He left in 2014 to form his own studio following the cancelation of Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun. He since has released Her Story and Telling Lies, with a game called Immortality coming this year for PC and Xbox.

That said, his indie studio seems perfectly suited for the rumoured "episodic narrative games" that are being rumoured. His specialty seems to be these unique story driven games. Her Story in particular was very acclaimed.
Yeah that's precisely what I was thinking. I really like what he has done with Shattered Memories as well, I think he could make a pretty good entry in the series if he has the proper budget and scope.
Droo

Post by Droo »

It would also be interesting to see many members of the "old gang" coming back in some capacity. Ito, Yamaoka, Barlow, Kojima, current Climax.
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke

Post by Wigeke »

Droo wrote: 17 May 2022 It would also be interesting to see many members of the "old gang" coming back in some capacity. Ito, Yamaoka, Barlow, Kojima, current Climax.
I think the episodic narrative stuff also opens an opportunity for Keiichiro Toyama to do something.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I bet a lot of smaller and indy studios would love to get on board with smaller projects in different styles.

Supergiant.
Vanillaware.
ThatGameCompany.
Devolver Digital.
Lightning Games.
Whoever is making this:
https://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26862
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Maybe this is my ticket to finally make a real Silent Hill game. lol
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Heh, I would too! I'd definitely more than likely screw it up, but no way would I turn the opportunity down! :D