How would people feel about a new playable teaser?

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

How would people feel about a new playable teaser?

Post by NanayaShiki »

Current rumors claim that the new mainline Silent Hill game may be getting a new PT-style demo to drum up hype. Supposedly it'll be called "Sakura", which means it'll likely involve the cherry blossom girl. I do wonder how people feel about this though. Would everyone get excited for a demo like that again or would it feel too much like it was trying to recapture the excitement of PT?

I think I could probably get into it again provided it's a decent teaser... though a part of me would always feel cautious given how Konami handled PT in the end.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: How would people feel about a new playable teaser?

Post by jdnation »

If it's free then there is no reason not to jump in and try it.

Maybe this is the thing that Kojima is doing? A small fun little gig and not a full Silent Hills game?

That'd be the only disappointing thing. Though my guess is that this is still the thing that SCEJ might've been working on with Toyama and Ito...

Hopefully the Sakura teaser was not the only game Ito was involved in... :(
Droo

Post by Droo »

I'm also thinking this may be Kojima's thing, if he is in fact involved.

Come to think of it, that flowery humanoid monster has a bit of a Lisa from P.T. vibe...
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

I'm getting the feeling it's not Kojima's main project as he had Norman Reedus confirming he's doing something with Kojima again.

It could be that Kojima could do two things, a playable teaser and a 'short story.'

Heck, I think that even Guillermo Del Toro could come back for something short, but he was pretty adamant that he was never going to get involved with video games again.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

I think Masahiro has been working on a full fledged game as a core member, and I’d venture to say he is working on both the reboot and the demo, which likely dovetails to the reboot in some way.