SH3 Help

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Skinz
Just Passing Through

SH3 Help

Post by Skinz »

I am at the mall and it is the yucky mall. I have gone up the ladder I have looked around the whole mall but I can't go any futher cos all the paths are blocked and the doors are locked what do I do now? I have it on easy mode and on easy puzzle mode.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

What key items have you collected? You've probably just missed something you needed to pick up.

After climbing the ladder, you should be able to find a walnut on the second floor and the cooked key on the third floor. In a shop on the second floor, there is a vise that you can use to crack open the walnut. Have you gotten that far?

Also: please resize your avatar. 100x100 pixels is the maximum size permitted.
Skinz
Just Passing Through

Post by Skinz »

Sorry about my avatar being too big. I have resized it now. I found a warnut but not a vise. Where abouts is the shop with a vise in it? what kind of shop is it? And where abouts is the vise in the shop? Thanks.

Okay found the vise. I am onto the worm monster now. I have no bullets left in my gun, my only weapons that I have now is the pipe and a knife. How do I attack the monster without a gun?
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I honestly don't know. I would recommend starting over and conserving your ammo better. Most enemies in the mall can be taken down with the pipe or avoided entirely. Always save bullets for boss fights.

Also, your avatar is still 6 pixels too wide. :wink:
Skinz
Just Passing Through

Post by Skinz »

that was what I was thinking. I don't mind starting again. Since I know what to do and where to go I should go through it pretty quick. Sorry about my avatar I will fix it in a minute.
Cadiel
Just Passing Through

Post by Cadiel »

Skinz wrote:that was what I was thinking. I don't mind starting again. Since I know what to do and where to go I should go through it pretty quick. Sorry about my avatar I will fix it in a minute.
Check Gamefaqs(.com). They have some really good walkthroughs for SH3, and I'm positive at least one of them has a strategy for the Steel Pipe.
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

Don't kill unless you have to. On easy mode, you should be able to dodge just about everything. If you must kill, use the steel pipe and use it on dogs - Numb Bodies don't do much damage at all and are nothing more than an annoyance, and you can completely avoid Pendulums and Closers - Closers just suck up bullets and are totally avoidable. Never shoot them.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

yeah... you can either run or try to learn melee combat (useful for conserving ammo, especially in more difficult modes). however, you'll get an unlimited submachine gun later on after beating the game either once or twice, which helps a lot in the firearm department.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

You get the unlimited sub machine gun if you finish the final boss with a melee weapon. You can shoot it all you want, just as long as the final blow is delivered by a melee weapon. It'll be located in the alley after Heather climbs out of the bathroom window at the mall.
Skinz
Just Passing Through

Post by Skinz »

I found the sub machine gun in the hospital when I was playing SH3 today.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

It's not the unlimited one, though. The ammo is fairly scarce.