[SH1] Piano is locked, what've I done wrong? D:

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

ZiriOokamiotoko
Just Passing Through

[SH1] Piano is locked, what've I done wrong? D:

Post by ZiriOokamiotoko »

I feel a bit silly for asking this, but...

I'm on my first playthrough of SH1, and I already have the golden medallion, but when I went to the music room, the piano is locked. I've checked the sheet music on the wall, but do I have to go put the medallion in the clock tower first? I think my health's in the red and I've been going through health items as fast as I've been collecting them, so I don't have any on me. (I'm not very good at outrunning the monsters, unfortunately) But at least all the doors in the school are unlocked...?

There's more health items soon, right? I'd rather not fight the boss in this state. :oops:
Don't just stand there! [i]SHOOT IT![/i] -- Ziri, watching her friend playing SH1.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

Yes, you have to put the Gold medallion in first. Then for the piano puzzle, here's a tip: Draw out the piano keys on paper and mark which keys work and which ones don't. Then just read the riddle on the board carefully and you're good to go. I also numbered the keys. And don't forget the black keys either. :wink:
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

from what i remember, the first boss is pretty far from where you are. whatever health items you collect now, don't use them. it's usually better to fight the monsters instead of running, unless you're surrounded by a ton of them... they won't leave until you kill them, and you often have to revisit rooms and etc.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

You shouldn't need any health for the boss anyway. My girlfriend actually played SH for the first time last night and she just stayed away from the mouth and just unloaded the shotgun on it. And the only "Fighter/shooter/survival" game she's played is Max Payne. And she made it all the way from the beginning to the hospital.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
ZiriOokamiotoko
Just Passing Through

This is my first time playing a survival game, so I've been kinda freaking out every time Harry's health is in the red. Which it is right now. XD;;;

But thanks guys! After I posted this, I figured that was the problem so I went and fixed it. I've also been saving regularly, so hopefully that'll help a bit. But now I'm off to my doom! I'll check back if I get myself stuck again. But hopefully not. XD
Don't just stand there! [i]SHOOT IT![/i] -- Ziri, watching her friend playing SH1.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

personally, i usually only use a health drink or two when my health is very bad (in any of the games; the hardcore thumping vibration will let you know when you're about to die). first-aid kits are for bosses, ampoules for speed or emergency. i'm just sort of paranoid about wasting my items, though, so i save them like hell.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
ZiriOokamiotoko
Just Passing Through

Um...yeah, I've been ending up in that state a lot, so... I've been going through the health drinks at a frightening rate. :oops: