SH1 Final Boss

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

SH1 Final Boss

Post by LanceS133 »

I've beaten this numerous times but I also just stand there, shoot, take hits from Alessa/Incubus, use health, keep shooting and repeat until she's defeated.

My question is, is there any other stradegy? I'm pretty sure I read someone "timing the attacks right" but it seemed like no matter where I ran or what I did I got hit regardless.

I was also playing this on the Next Fear level and on Hard mode.
Took my a couple tries because all I had for health were 2 energy drinks and 1 ampoule.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

SH1 isn't my forte, as I've only played and beaten it like.. twice. And I'm happy with that. Well, you can always try standing.. really far away, or timing your fleeing so that it happens when he casts out the lightning?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I think I ran as far as I could (which wasn't too far)
I also tried just running and it just kept striking me wherever I went. :|
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

try making sharp turns when you think god is going to smite you down. this is very hard to do in 2d controls. i think i only sucsesfully dodged the lightning 5-10 times.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Or use the old run out of ammo trick
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

"Or use the old run out of ammo trick"

I was going to suggest that, but I've never tried it so I wasn't sure how it worked exactly.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Before you go to the area where you fight Alessa or the Incubus (depending), fire all your ammo and waste it all. Then proceed.

Right? It's been a while.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, but you don't fight Alessa. They're both god.

Anyway. Deplete your entire ammo supply before the battle. When you begin the battle, aim and take a few shots at god. Proceed to run around. Eventually it will die on its own--the amount of time it takes depends on the difficulty level you've selected.

Note. This trick will only work if you do not have the Hyperblaster. If you do, the game takes this into consideration, acknowledging that you do, in fact, have ammunition, and should therefore be fully capable of killing god.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I've already beaten it before I posted this. I was just curious if there actually was a way to avoid getting struck.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I can't remember where I read it, but I discovered a strategy posted somewhere that I followed against Incubus with great success. Using the hunting rifle, I fired a certain number of shots at the enemy (four, I think), then ran a wide circle around it. I'd been standing still when its lightning attack began, so the first few bolts missed me entirely, though I think the last one hit me. This was the only hit I took. I healed and reloaded while running and repeated the process, counting the same number of shots and taking off just as the lightning attack started. Before long, I had my victory.

I don't know if the strategy works on Hard mode though, as I was playing on Easy. The next time through, on Normal difficulty, I attempted the same strategy against Incubator with significantly less success. Haven't attempted it on Hard mode yet.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Hmm, I was playing on Hard mode so I'm assuming there aren't any tactics to avoid the attacks, just gotta pray you have enough health at the end. Thanks everybody.
Darchaen
Just Passing Through

Post by Darchaen »

Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was another way to beat the final boss either. I'm just going back for my second time now.