Monster speed/spawing SH Origins (Spoilers)

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

LSnow06
Just Passing Through

Monster speed/spawing SH Origins (Spoilers)

Post by LSnow06 »

I Love the game so far. But maybe I'm too slow. I have played SH 2, 3, and 4.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I just finished the scene with Lisa and am heading towards the Sanitarium. I kill the first one that sees me. Now I usually kill all, but I found out that that they grab you. Also they not only don't seem to stay dead, but seem to replicate. Two for every one you kill.
How can I search for stuff and not attract every monster for miles.
I REALLY don't like the new weapon system. They always seem to break when you need them the most.
I tried 4 times.
HELP!!!
“...Where Angels Sleep in Endless Dark”
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

They don't regenerate 2 for every 1, they just come back from the same place you kill them from if you leave the area. Looking for items in the streets isn't a good idea because there are so many monsters. I always ran through the streets and avoided monsters.
saman0suke
Just Passing Through

Post by saman0suke »

Well, what can I tell u? Just be careful!! I got all the items in the street at the end of the game (according to the rank I got) just run, get all what u see, and don't stop to kill all the monsters, I always tried to clean all Silent Hill until this game, so many monsters O.o!
Paulinism
Just Passing Through

Post by Paulinism »

You have to approach this game a little different than other SH games. I know it is comforting to clear the streets of the monsters but that is impossible here. If you do want to kill a street monster, have a purpose such as needing to explore an area. I killed the guy in the alley at the lumber yard because I wanted to search in peace for a way in. Just about everyone else I avoided. Also, do you play with someone? I play with the wife and when I'm running around the streets I'll stay on one side or the other and she'll look for pick ups.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

use the energy drinks, if you haven't been already... travis likes to chug along like a snail every five seconds. still, usually, it's possible to outrun the monsters if they aren't fairly close and give travis time to catch his breath. you can actually just stop running for a split second or so and he should be able to run again; that's what i did.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I've noticed that even when Travis runs out of stamina & runs more slowly, he's still able to outrun the monsters in the streets.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

^ Hilarious avatar.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

When it came to entering the sanitarium I tried to kill the monsters till I realized you come to about 5 or 6 of them before you even reach the door. At least I did. Just run past everything. Hell I even run past monsters in hallways. I dont have time for their bull$hit...lol
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
Serenus Nihil
Just Passing Through

Post by Serenus Nihil »

As long as you keep on the move they shouldn't get you. I picked up most of the items as I ran along... it's a bit annoying but not too difficult if you keep running (and breaking briefly when Travis is out of breath).

And I couldn't stand the enemies in the Sanitarium, at least those shadow's with the lanterns. I just avoided them.
If you know where you are going, you are probably lost.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Advice to anyone else having this same problem. Make sure you're giving the monsters a final blow with X so that they don't get back up which could be your "respawning" problem.
It's a bit hard to outrun the monsters, but it's very much possible. Keep running. Use energy drinks if you need them. (i personally didn't find a reason to use them at all)
Here's something else you can do. If you turn off the flashlight that Travis has, and turn the brightness way way up on your tv, you can very easily sneak past them.
It's good not to waste ammo on them also. Travis is a pretty powerful guy. His punches are pretty powerful and there are millions of mellee weapons. I found fighting the monsters much easier than shooting.
Hope it helps.
mastermind
Just Passing Through

Post by mastermind »

the esiest thing to do is just run past everything
Joshua Dennis
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

I find with the straight jackets, running right up behind them and punching them to death is the most effective way of taking them out. But when they pack together just forget it, proper bunch of bastards.

Honestly the weapon system on this game was such a huge mistake. To quote the angry video game nerd.. "What were they thinking?!"

Saying that though, the fear factor on this game is right up there with the best of them. The amount of times I walked though a door and just stopped dead whilst contemplating what might be lurking in the darkness ahead. They've really done well there.