Saving SH1 on PS3..

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Saving SH1 on PS3..

Post by Varg6 »

Not sure if it was the right place, nor could I find a topic requesting help for my question so here it is: How do I save a file of Silent Hill 1 on my PS3? It says there's no memory card...obviously, so how would I save a game?
Det Som Engang Var...
nicole84
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by nicole84 »

I don't know how, but you should probably ask on one of the official PS sites, they'll know for sure; that's what I did when I had a problem with PS2 and a PS1 game and they helped me out.
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PrinceOfDarkness »

This is quite an easy fix...just look in your memory card settings in the menu, one place to the left of where the internet options are. It should say internal memory card. then, select it and choose to make it a PS1 memory card. you can make more than two internal memory cards so don't worry, you'll have tons of room. :P
http://www.animephilosopher.com/darktreyfox/images/signature023.gif
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

PrinceOfDarkness wrote:This is quite an easy fix...just look in your memory card settings in the menu, one place to the left of where the internet options are. It should say internal memory card. then, select it and choose to make it a PS1 memory card. you can make more than two internal memory cards so don't worry, you'll have tons of room. :P
Yay, danke! This is awesome, I was scared to play any further than the first save spot because I didn't want to not be able to save. Thank you very much again!
Det Som Engang Var...
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Your welcome :P
Adapt
Just Passing Through

Post by Adapt »

You can transfer previous saved files from your actual memory card if you buy the accessory to do it.
[img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2619/gchsigpa1.jpg[/img]
GYM.
CLASS.
HEROES.
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

True, but this way i get to play through the whole game again :P I have tons so it's a good thing for me.
ShotDownSlurper
Just Passing Through

Post by ShotDownSlurper »

I'm having the same problem but on my PS2... It says there's no memory card inserted and I don't want to go on playing in case I won't be able to save... from the very beginning of the game, i got the "no memory card inserted" message although I have two. Is there anything I can do?
Death of the body just means little----Severs the last tie to reality closing the way back
The Sanity Assassin
Just Passing Through

Post by The Sanity Assassin »

ShotDownSlurper wrote:I'm having the same problem but on my PS2... It says there's no memory card inserted and I don't want to go on playing in case I won't be able to save... from the very beginning of the game, i got the "no memory card inserted" message although I have two. Is there anything I can do?
Are those two memory cards for PS1 or PS2? Because saving a PS1 game on a PS2 memory card doesn't work.
The only way to solve the problem would be buying a memory card for PS1.
Last edited by The Sanity Assassin on 17 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Mother always said "my son, do the noble thing..."
You have to finish what you started, no matter what -
Now; sit, watch and learn...[/i]
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

If it is a memory card for PS1, sometimes this can happen. The PS2 thinks the memory card isn't formatted (so it won't be displayed), and it will want you to format it- but then all your data will be erased. Sometimes taking it out and plugging it back in can fix it, or resetting the PS2. I have two PS1 cards, and one of them gives me this problem sometimes...