Dont know how to get the UFO ending in Silent Hill 4

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Agent of God
Subway Guard

Re: Dont know how to get the UFO ending in Silent Hill 4

Post by Agent of God »

All these years I've been positive that there is no UFO Ending in SH4. Belive it or not, that video has got me debating this.

After a quick search I found this: http://www.abby-cheat.com/html/Xbox_che ... cheat.html
Unlock Cynthia other costume and (UFO ending?):
Unlock the all 4 endings and Eileen's other costume on a single game save.
Begin a new game and choose Eileen's nurse costume.
If you finish the game a 5th time, hold Triangle and Circle before the
ending to see the special UFO ending.
Bullshit right?
Now here's what the guy on the video says:
1. The memory card I was using already had completed save files for SH2: Greatest Hits and SH3. After starting a new game, I got all four endings in one save file by continuously playing the new fear games. Whenever prompted for difficulty, I chose hard. I was deliberately attempting to go from the worst to the best ending over four playthroughs, so the order of my endings were 21 Sacraments, Eileen's Death, Mother, and Escape. On my fourth ending (Escape), I got a 10 star ranking.

2. I started the next new fear game in one weapon mode. At the bottom of the escalator, I took the wine bottle. I did not take or use any golf clubs or nonessential weapons for the course of the game after this (including Eileen's weapons).

3. Upon somehow completing one weapon mode with 10 stars, I started the next game in all weapons mode. Again, I chose only the wine bottle and left the rest of the weapons because I'm retarded.
Note: Throughout this playthrough, I did a lot of stupid stuff out of boredom, including:
• Making it a point to knock down each of the four ghosts in the game (Cynthia, Jasper, Andrew, Richard) at least once (still only using the wine bottle) before running away. I didn't pin them, just knocked them down the hardest way possible for shits and giggles.
• I didn't pick up/use any nonessential weapons throughout the game, and didn't touch my reserve of never-ending nutrition drinks (nor ammo, as I never used the gun).
• I didn't attempt to get rid of any of the hauntings in Henry's apartment.

4. Right when you're about to descend into the hole and fight the final boss, Henry notices that Walter's body is gone. When I examined the empty cross and after Henry did his "herp de derp where'd the body go" text, a message saying I had found a Channeling Stone popped up.

5. I discovered that you have to use the channeling stone on the giant monster/Walter thing instead of the umbilical cord. You MUST do this before Eileen dies. Once you use the channeling stone on the creature, the same cutscene will play as if you had used the umbilical cord. Now you're free to run around and do whatever you want, all you have to do is survive until Eileen walks into the grinder. Once she does, the UFO ending starts.
So, I believe that it was just some guy with awesome editing/animating skills. Entertaining nontheless.
We are still here...
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Yeah, that is fake. It would be cool except for the fact that dude is trying to misguide people by saying it's real. If it was correctly labeled as a fan video, it'd be different.

It's true that a UFO ending was planned, as JuriDawn linked to the thread with the items earlier in the thread, but it was never finished or implemented.. I've gone through all the files on the disc. It aint there.

I have posted about it on my site in attempts to keep another stupid rumor from spreading:

http://alchemillahospital.net/fake-sh4- ... confusion/
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Kompwars
Just Passing Through

SH4 has a UFO ending

Post by Kompwars »

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: SH4 has a UFO ending

Post by The Adversary »

It doesn't. And it's not.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

Heh, not a bad idea with the meat grinder thing being a spacecraft.

Really fake, but it was somewhat amusing. I want to see Harry and Heather playing polo for real, now.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

...that ending looks better than the ufo ones from ANY of the games... o.o
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

A lot better than the UFO endings in 0rigins and Shattered Memories,,,
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

KageReneko wrote:A lot better than the UFO endings in 0rigins and Shattered Memories,,,
I was with you up until SM. Shattered Memories has the best ufo ending, SH3 song aside.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Shattered Memories and SH3 have the best, but this one looks even better. SH1, SH2, SHH's I always found odd or shitty. SHO's was just odd, didn't the SH arcade game have a ufo ending?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes. The UFO Ending in the Arcade is by far one of the best. It has the boat captain kidnap the little girls and go into space, so the main characters get in a spaceship and follow after him, and it pans out into an 8-bit sidescrolling shooter game being played by Mira the Dog.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

...Wow. WHY CAN'T THAT GAME GET PORTED TO WII?
Yes. Rage pooh was very neccessary

nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

There was already a topic about this here:
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16411

I also made a post about it here:
http://alchemillahospital.net/fake-sh4- ... confusion/
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Merged the two threads.

Thank you, nur_ein_tier, for pointing this thread out. :)
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.