SH2 2nd Last Boss

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

mondo
Just Passing Through

SH2 2nd Last Boss

Post by mondo »

I'm playing hard mode and fighting the twin PHs and having huge problems. I haven't got the great knife, and my guns are either too damn slow or too weak(handgun). I keep getting hit! Please help, thanks in advance.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

you only have the handgun... ?

i think that if you waste all of your ammo before the fight, they'll automatically kill themselves after about five minutes.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
mondo
Just Passing Through

Post by mondo »

I have the shotgun and the rifle, but they're too slow and i suck so much in maneuvering james that i almost always get hit after firing a shot at them.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

try the normal "run to opposite corners of the room and shoot" thing... make sure you only fire one shot, though; they'll get you 99% of the time on hard mode if you attempt any more.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

If you dont have any ammo. They will do suicide.
If you really try shoot them dont be greed then they kill you.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

Run from corner to corner clockwise firing 1 shot on them each to slow them down at every corner. Rest is history !
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I actually have a couple of Silent Hill 2 save files at this point, this fight is like impossible.
Karijou
Just Passing Through

Post by Karijou »

I always strafe around the arena for this fight, firing one shot when I know I'll be safe from being slaughtered.

...That is, if I don't have the Great Knife.

Just fire this way until you're out of ammo, and stick to it. Eventually, you'll pass; if you can escape from P. Hiddy in the Hospital basement, you can kill two of them no problem. XD
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

like everybody else said, go around the corners of the arena and fire 1 shot at them at each corner. it worked for me every time and i've never been hit in the fight.
lyndatu
Just Passing Through

Post by lyndatu »

I had problems with the twin Pyramid Heads too, but I just keep running to a corner and shoot them a few times with the rifle, and when they come too close I just run past them(careful, as their stabs are pretty quick) and go to the other corner. Don't try to hit them with melee weapons! It's a death wish to the Red Pyramid Things.

Although I'm not entirely sure, you can defeat them without ever damaging them. I read in the strategy section that you only have to avoid Pyramid Head for a certain amount of time, then he will leave/commit suicide. I tried not shooting him at my first boss fight with him and he eventually left when the siren blew. In the dual pyramid boss fight, I tried hitting them only a few times with my rifle, then they eventually went to the center and killed themselves. I'm not sure about this method, but you'll beat them.

Save your health for Maria/Mary though! :D Good luck!

edited to add: did anyone notice that Pyramid Head doesn't only do a basic spear stab attack, but also do spinning spear slash? I was surprised when he did that crazy attack when they tried to corner me. But you might have already knew(I'm such a newbie)
We have a grey child living in our bathroom
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

It's going to take a lot of patience.
Like Devilsknight said, run to a corner, take a shot with the rifleif you have room, take a second shot, then quickly run to the other side of the room in the corner and take another shot and repeat till they're dead.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Run as far as you can, shoot them, then run again and shoot them with the rifle.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

I found myself being hit and having to waste health whenver I tried the 'run to the corner and shoot once with the rifle' thing, only on hard though because they move and attack real fast. I gave up on the rifle and shotgun after a while and just used my pistol, walking backwards while firing until I hit a wall, then running in a large arc around them so I couldn't be hit, then repeating. I think it took around 200-250 shots and like an hour, but I barely took a scratch.
Arcturus
Just Passing Through

Post by Arcturus »

To be honest, I never had a problem defeating the two pyramid heads/red pyramid things/bogeymen. Like others suggest, run to the corner fire once or twice. The most important thing is to keep your distance, if you see them closing the gap, retreat to another position and open fire. And don't be afraid to use quick turn, and sidestep if you must. Also, if you feel that the rifle is slow, then switch to the shotgun/pistol.
WisHouse
Just Passing Through

Post by WisHouse »

Use the classic strategy,run to the corner n shot two times (or one) with the rifle n then run like a B****
It´s not soo hard.Or you can try the glitch that the guys said... if u don´t have ammo they´ll suicide just like SH last boss,Samael,lol
Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh!!?
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

The shotgun and the rifle are just too slow in Hard mode. I think that the only way to beat them is with the Great Knife, or by shooting them about 300 times with the handgun.