SH: HOMECOMING - Barbie on cocaine

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

SH: HOMECOMING - Barbie on cocaine

Post by woofy »

Hey, I recently got Homecoming, (yay!) So far the game is AWESOME, but I've reached the 'Doll' boss, and I have 7 pistol bullets and 1 shotgun shell.
The problem is that the axe is the only weapon that seems to break her porcelain skin, but one hit with the axe and she swats me like a fly. She's almost impossible to dodge. What is the best way to beat this boss? Any help? Thanks guys.
Lacerate
Just Passing Through

Post by Lacerate »

The crowbar works wonders if you have it. It chips off the porcelain quite well, and I'm fairly certain that you can swing it faster than the Axe.

I usually try to stay behind her, but like...close behind her. Not sure how to really explain it. Hopefully someone else answers with a more coherent strategy.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/XHeartlessX/Photoshop/Angelabanner.png[/img]
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

You just need to practise timing that dodge, eventually no one will be able to hit you unless you totally screw up. Dodge, counter, combo, or my version, dodge, pause, combo with powered finisher.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
woofy

Post by woofy »

Awesome, I do have the crow bar so I'll try that. I've managed to make her hit the ground twice, then I used the crowbar to try and pry off her back.
She doesn't give you enough time to dodge, counter AND combo, so I guess I'll keep trying with the crowbar :? I'll let you know the results!
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

woofy1988 wrote:She doesn't give you enough time to dodge, counter AND combo, so I guess I'll keep trying with the crowbar
You don't need "time" to dodge if you practise :D Crowbar should make it a bit easier since it's kind of fast.
woofy

Post by woofy »

Thanks guys, I tried this last night but had to turn it off because of some psycho outside my house threatening to carve me and everyone else in my house up :? long story...
Anyway, this is how far I got: Attacks with the axe, then dodge seemed to have peeled off her legs. I've gotten alot better at dodging. When shes down, I get her chest and arms and then she falls over. Now, I pryed off her back with the crowbar and celebrated because I thought I killed her, then the bitch gets up and starts running abnormally fast around the room. I couldn't get one hit in, even with the knife :( Should I just keep practicing? I have no health by this stage.... any strategy hints? In her final form, I managed to pin her down once, then she knocked me to the side and killed me.
___

I really love this game and want to get passed this! Do I have a chance at all?
PS: I hate PS3 wireless controllers - when you throw them they actually travel far... :P
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

My only advice is to keep practicing, I only had one or two health items when I fought her the first time myself, it took a few tries but try and learn her moves and counter, in my opinion try to take it SLOW with the boss, play defensively and only chip at her when you have a shot
woofy

Post by woofy »

I give up on this stupid game. Ive NEVER died so many times in a sh game. They dont even give you wnough ammo or health!
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

woofy1988 wrote:I give up on this stupid game. Ive NEVER died so many times in a sh game. They dont even give you wnough ammo or health!
It's called challenge.
woofy

Post by woofy »

No its called instant death. I can handle a challenge but this is unfair :P
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

woofy1988 wrote:No its called instant death. I can handle a challenge but this is unfair :P
I was just fighting Asphynxia and all I had to do was dodge it's attack and counter attack on it's weakpoint. Same with other bosses. I agree, the spider-like Scarlet is a bit annoying as her attacks are harder to predict. After you've fought her off a bit, she climbs to the ceiling and drops on you. Dodge that when prompted then she's there for you to beat like on a silverplate.
woofy

Post by woofy »

Yeah, I FINALLY have the first form figured out, I've even learnt to dodge those annnoying double swings she does.
The spider version is really annoying, even getting close enough to her in that form is hard because she has long range attacks and is unpredictable. I love it when she goes to the ceiling, she is really easy to dodge.

A question: When she is finally on the ground the first time, the [ ] appears in the top r-hand corner of the screen. I mash the button, but when Alex drives the crowbar into her back she gets back up almost instantly. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

woofy1988 wrote:A question: When she is finally on the ground the first time, the [ ] appears in the top r-hand corner of the screen. I mash the button, but when Alex drives the crowbar into her back she gets back up almost instantly. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
If you're talking about the second form, yes it is normal. You have to do it three or so times. Only in first form do you have to rapidly tap [].
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Use the knife against her second form.

Also: I'm 98% certain there's a glitch during this fight. I've explained why in the "glitch" thread in the Silent Hill: Homecoming section.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
woofy

Post by woofy »

Thanks MMY, I have been using the knife. Does this glitch affect gameplay? Is it serious enough to restart?

EDIT: thanks everyone!!!!!!!! I killed her, even after encountering some serious glitches, but more about that later. This time she was way too easy... Wtf? Lol thanks again
Last edited by woofy on 26 Mar 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

woofy1988 wrote:Thanks MMY, I have been using the knife. Does this glitch affect gameplay? Is it serious enough to restart?
As far as I can tell the glitch is kind of random, correct me if I am wrong. I don't see a reason to restart because of it, just try the fight again
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I died against Scarlet probably 50 times the first time I played. People know that I rarely get frustrated at a video game to the point that I have to stop playing. I did then. I turned the game off—didn't care where the last time I saved was—and came back the next day.

She died on my first attempt. I didn't do anything differently.

Occasionally, regardless of how many times I'd hit her shell, it would never break off entirely. Once I fought her for 15 minutes and nothing happened.

From my experience, you don't have to start the game over—just reset the game from the last save point.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
woofy

Post by woofy »

^ Thank-you! Someone FINALLY understands how frustrated I am. It's hard for me because I'm the most patient person I know, and have never had such trouble with a video game to the point where it irritates me because I can't move on past that point.
secretsquirrely
Just Passing Through

Post by secretsquirrely »

Thank god I am not alone here. This is by far the hardest boss I have faced in a video game. I suck with the dodging technique, especially when she is in creepy crawly mode. In fact I couldn't get anywhere near her once she started crawling..so I really got frustrated and turned the damn thing off lol I'll go back to it tomorrow once I have a clear head. Thanks for the tips though guys, crow bar instead of axe sounds like a doable choice.and I am thinking that it would be a good idea to conserve your ammo until she is crawling so you can just blast her in the skull and make her crawl up. I figured that out sadly after my only time to get passed the first stage of the fight. If I complete this, I'm going to feel so good about myself lol
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/secretsquirrely/shforumsig.jpg[/img]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Scarley was really frustrating... I had a lot of problems for pass the last bit of the swers with the siams and I had really few health items, the descent to hell was nice cause there were no monsters but Scarlet just made me mad... Not just the incredible difficulty of this boss, also to have all the damn conversation with filch after each game over... Scarlet killed me so much, I spent 30 minutes stabbing her with the crowbar and it never passed to the 2nd form... I left the game like 2 weeks before try again... Damn, even the last boss is so hard!!!

Just hit the 2 legs form with the crowbar or the axe until it changes, when the [ ] icon appears mash the weak attack button until it changes and try to save shotgun shells for Scarlet's 2nd form, to fight her with a melee weapon is annoying...