SH: HOMECOMING - Barbie on cocaine

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

secretsquirrely
Just Passing Through

Post by secretsquirrely »

I DID IT!! I walloped that she-bitch!! In fact I had one health drink, half health bar, and I managed to get out of it without needing to use my health drink..so yay on that. I almost needed to, but as everyone stated, if you can corner her with the knife in her second form, easy peasy. In fact I found she's actually not that hard in principal, she's just tedious and irritating..which makes you lose your cool so you get off your A-game. Anger really helped me...in the end I just got pissed of and slashed her till she wouldn't get up anymore lol
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/secretsquirrely/shforumsig.jpg[/img]
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

KageReneko wrote: try to save shotgun shells for Scarlet's 2nd form, to fight her with a melee weapon is annoying...
I actually found this too hard - I kept dying. It's not that ammo is noneffective, it's just that she moves too fast to get a shot in.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I know, to aim in SHH is a lot worse than fight... That's say everything...
woofy

Post by woofy »

Y'know, I am 100% certain that this is a glitch because every other run through of this game she is really easy to kill. :(
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

woofy wrote:Yeah, I FINALLY have the first form figured out, I've even learnt to dodge those annnoying double swings she does.
The spider version is really annoying, even getting close enough to her in that form is hard because she has long range attacks and is unpredictable. I love it when she goes to the ceiling, she is really easy to dodge.

A question: When she is finally on the ground the first time, the [ ] appears in the top r-hand corner of the screen. I mash the button, but when Alex drives the crowbar into her back she gets back up almost instantly. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Let me try to explain how to do this. First, use the crowbar until she is in second form. When she goes all spidery, TARGET LOCK!!!!! Keep target lock on her. I think it is B button if you have an Xbox 360. Anyways, back away and let her climb up the walls. While you have her target locked, walk around in a samll circle. She will jump from the ceiling towards where you were a second ago(remember you are constantly moving in a circle). Thanks to target lock, you will be able to see where she lands and reach her before she runs away. IMMEDIATELY run over to her and mash the button, if you take too long she gets back up. You only have a couple of seconds to do this.

But if you do this properly, you can beat her with almost no health loss. Just 3 or so health drinks or first aid kits. However, I am describing this from memory. So please forgive any flaws.
woofy

Post by woofy »

You can target lock? Okay, well, that explains a lot. I have a PS3.
*whistles quietly and walks away*

Anyway, as I said, it was only a problem the first time I played. I encountered a glitch that no matter how many times you pried her back piece off in final form she would keep getting back up.
BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

I can't get to her second form.

Every time I get him to pry in her back or whatever with the pipe something goes wrong.

I've tried pressing the button at every speed humanly possible, because I heard it didn't work to go as fast as you could.

I don't understand it.
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

My next step is scarlet too.
So this is very interesting to read.
I hope this isnt so bad.... But i know this is wasted hope....
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Whispered-Rain
Just Passing Through

Post by Whispered-Rain »

woofy wrote:You can target lock? Okay, well, that explains a lot. I have a PS3.

Anyway, as I said, it was only a problem the first time I played. I encountered a glitch that no matter how many times you pried her back piece off in final form she would keep getting back up.
haaa wow. No worries,
I have a 360 and I was not aware of the target lock. Either I forgot or I just didn't pay attention since I rarely use guns.
Or I could just be a dumbass. Yea, that's probably it. ;p

Anyyywayy,
there must definetly be a glitch. (which isn't suprising since homecoming is so damn glitchy.)

When I fought Scarlet I think it only took me about 2 or 3 tries, which was far less than Sepulcher... which makes no sense to me since Sepulcher was so much easier second playthrough.
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

Whispered-Rain wrote:
woofy wrote:You can target lock? Okay, well, that explains a lot. I have a PS3.

haaa wow. No worries,
I have a 360 and I was not aware of the target lock. Either I forgot or I just didn't pay attention since I rarely use guns.
Or I could just be a dumbass. Yea, that's probably it. ;p

Anyyywayy,
there must definetly be a glitch. (which isn't suprising since homecoming is so damn glitchy.)

When I fought Scarlet I think it only took me about 2 or 3 tries, which was far less than Sepulcher... which makes no sense to me since Sepulcher was so much easier second playthrough.

=====================
Combat Stance/Lock-on
=====================

While a weapon is equipped, hold the LT button to assume a combat stance and
lock-on to the closest enemy. Alex's flashlight will highlight the closest
enemy. To switch targets, tap the right stick in the direction of the desired
enemy to be targeted.

My bad, it was LT.

Anyways, keep LT on her and back off. She will climb up the wall. But despite the fact you can't see her because she will be in darkness, you will still know where she is, thanks to target lock. Keep in mind, this only works with melee weapons. With guns, you aim. I don't think you want to use guns at any point of this fight. Walk in a small circle. She will leap at you, and because you are moving in a circle, she will land where you were. She will land in a heap and lie motionless for just two seconds. You need to IMMEDIATELY run over and jam the buttons. Do it right and you won't use more than 3 health drinks throughout the entire boss fight.

So to recap: Get her health down with crowbar or Axe. When she enters "spider mode" Keep holding LT to stay locked on, and keep a melee weapon equipped. Back off. She will run up the wall, then she will wait a few seconds and pounce. If you walk in a small circle, she will land where you were a second ago. Then you immediatley run over and jam on the button. Three tries and she should be dead. If she doesn't climb up the wall when you back off, you could try running away and shooting her- that might make her run up the wall.

Anyways, this is all from memory. I didn't use a strategy guide. However, there is a strategy guide at Gamefaqs, and the strategy guide writer says she is not a problem. I didn't read the section on how to kill Scarlet, but if you like you can read it here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360 ... 2060/54442

Again, I would like to point out I came up with the method mentioned above.
PHFTW
Just Passing Through

Post by PHFTW »

in her spider-form I always just ran away till she went on the ceiling