silent hill 3 ufo ending

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

silent hill 3 ufo ending

Post by zombiejesus »

so i just did a extra new game to try and get the ufo ending, but i didnt get it. i killed every enemy with the sexy beam, but when i get to the apartment it just gives me the normal cutscene. what did i do wrong? ;_;
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

....did you have the funny sailor moon outfit on?
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

yep, i actually retried it twice, with and without the costume. both nada. :\
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Well if it helps : You need to kill 333 monsters with the Beam Saber, then you'll unlock Heather Beam - and that's what you need to achieve the UFO ending, hope that helps. If I'm wrong, please correct me someone.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Wow.
I didn't know there was a UFO ending.
News to me. :D
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

I think that you have to only use the beam with the transform costume on and no other weapons, and kill everything you see before the apartment, that should be it.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I am not even sure you need the outfit. I have gotten it before using the God of Thunder outfit and the sub-machine gun... I think.

Just make sure you kill every monster and you should get the UFO ending.
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Harrys_Girl wrote:I am not even sure you need the outfit. I have gotten it before using the God of Thunder outfit and the sub-machine gun... I think.

Just make sure you kill every monster and you should get the UFO ending.
30 monsters killed with the beam is the prerequisite for the UFO ending.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

yes ive killed every monster before the apartment with the sexy beam with the exception for the splitworm which i used the unlimited smg. do you think it may have something to do with the difficulty settings? i have both action/riddle on easy.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

if you really are killing every enemy with the beam and it's not giving you the ending, it's probably an issue with the copy of the game you have.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

crucifix wrote:if you really are killing every enemy with the beam and it's not giving you the ending, it's probably an issue with the copy of the game you have.
not sure, as i got the ending before with the same copy.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>30 monsters killed with the beam is the prerequisite for the UFO ending.
With HEATHER BEAM, not the Beam Saber.
To unlock the Heather Beam you must kill 333 monsters with the normal beam as I said already...
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Mephisto wrote:>30 monsters killed with the beam is the prerequisite for the UFO ending.
With HEATHER BEAM, not the Beam Saber.
To unlock the Heather Beam you must kill 333 monsters with the normal beam as I said already...
This has been established already in the thread. If I had meant beam saber I would have said beam saber, however, I was referring to either the Heather or Sexy beams, which is what everyone in this thread has been referring to.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

In order to kill 333 monsters, you obviously have to play through the game several times. It may take about 3 to 5 plays, depending on how many monsters you kill per game. Once you get it and go for the UFO ending, I don't think you need to wear the Princess Heart outfit, but you need to kill the enemies with either the Heather beam or the sexy beam. The sexy beam is better, but depending on what difficulty you're playing on, she will run out of energy really quickly using it. I'd suggest doing it on easy, so Heather has more energy. Make sure to kill every monster that is around. There are some that are hidden, so maybe killing them will give you a better chance at obtaining the ending. It's been a while since I got it, so my memory on the objectives is a bit fuzzy.

You don't need to kill the monsters with the beam saber to get the Heather beam. You'll unlock it just by killing monsters anyway. At least from what I remember. I never really used the beam saber, so that's why.
Travis

Post by Travis »

zombiejesus wrote:yes ive killed every monster before the apartment with the sexy beam with the exception for the splitworm which i used the unlimited smg.
That's what you did wrong. You have to use the beam ONLY.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Mephisto wrote:Well if it helps : You need to kill 333 monsters with the Beam Saber, then you'll unlock Heather Beam - and that's what you need to achieve the UFO ending, hope that helps. If I'm wrong, please correct me someone.
Can you kill more than 333? or does it have to be exact?
I still haven't gotten it :[
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

QuestionSleepZz wrote:
Mephisto wrote:Well if it helps : You need to kill 333 monsters with the Beam Saber, then you'll unlock Heather Beam - and that's what you need to achieve the UFO ending, hope that helps. If I'm wrong, please correct me someone.
Can you kill more than 333? or does it have to be exact?
I'm pretty sure you can kill more. 333 is quite a number of enemies, though. You'll have to go through the game multiple times to hit 333.
smekzg
Just Passing Through

Post by smekzg »

you have to kill 333 or more enemies to get the heather/sexy beam.

to get the UFO ending, simply kill every enemy you see with it, be warned that stomping the enemy with your leg will make you unable to get the UFO ending, as you must use ONLY the beam and nothing else.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The exact number to get the UFO ending with the Heather Beam (or was it the Sexy Beam?) is 30 by the way.

>Can you kill more than 333? or does it have to be exact?

Yes, man. You can kill more, don't worry. It took me 3 playtroughs to get the Heather/Sexy Beam. A bit annoying, I might add.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The exact number to get the UFO ending with the [Sexy Beam] is 30 by the way.
Thirty-three.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.