SH4 - Eileen

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

SH4 - Eileen

Post by AgentX7k »

Ok so I'm trying to get the Good+ ending this time and I'm having trouble with Eileen: She's bit hit once or twice but mostly I just don't give her a weapon so she stays out of the way. Anyway I heard you can leave her at Wish House and collect the doll parts so I did that, but I swear when I got back to her she had been majorly messed up.

Am I imagining this or does leaving her anywhere (regardless of monsters) get her more damaged? Can I leave her in non-monster rooms for as long as I want and she'll be fine?

Also does a Holy Candle heal her? How many do I need to use?
"The Body Is Cold?"
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Yes, the holy candle will heal her but only in the correct spot in the game: in the lobby on the first floor of the apartments in Apratment World, just before you go into the super's room. Put the candle down in the center of the rug (a large, brightly colored circle in the middle of the room) then walk over to it and make sure she stays next to the candle. Once her wounds heal/the candle disappears, she is healed as much as she can be.

And I have and always do leave Eileen in by Wish House in Forest World. I take her to the opposite side of the CENTER square of you map, right next to Wish House, then run toward the door I wish to go through. Go through the door and double check she didn't follow you, then proced w/ what you want to do.

It will save you time and hassle because you won't have to protect her the entire time.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

what difficulty level are you playing on? during my first run of SH4 i played on normal and let eileen take a fair amount of damage and still managed to get "escape". seems like it mostly depends on how quick you are in the final boss battle.

i'm pretty sure holy candles are only temporary, also. they don't count toward her overall state of health.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Excellent thanks I will try the candle thing. Yeah I did the Wish House thing, just was wondering because I swear she looked worse than when I left her, also left her in a 3rd floor room in the Water Prison and she looks real bad, though she has been hurt a bit I suppose. She's whining about her leg, is that a sign she's in bad shape? Should I stop running so far ahead of her cause it will make her worse?

I'm playing on easy (so glad I did that) but you're right I'll know when I get to Walter. So the candle doesn't make her walk any slower towards the spinning ball?
"The Body Is Cold?"
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Well you have to remember Eileen is wearing high heels. :roll:
Lol, I guess that is a reason why she walks so slow. I just try not to blame her because she is beat up pretty bad. I probably couldn't move at half the speed she even does in this game if I had the same injuries.

But I would suggest that it helps to give her a weapon. She can at least knock the enemies off a bit before they try to hit her, which gives you time to kill them off for her. Using the candle on her doesn't really mean that she's guaranteed to walk slower to the ball, it just takes a lot of her wounds away so that she is in better condition. All the other advice is good on here too! :mrgreen:
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

AgentX7k wrote:Am I imagining this or does leaving her anywhere (regardless of monsters) get her more damaged? Can I leave her in non-monster rooms for as long as I want and she'll be fine?

Also does a Holy Candle heal her? How many do I need to use?
Like Harry's girl said, if you leave her alone in non-monster areas, she'll be fine.

As for the candle, there is a trick to using it. You can only use it 2 times. The first one is in the center of the lobby, when Eileen checks Walter's drawing. She just stops there. Put a candle to her feet and leave the room (go to the area with the 6 hanging bodies) when the candle has almost burned out completely. The second time is at the super's room. Again put a candle at her feet, wait until it almost burns out and trigger the cutscene by examining the umbilical cord.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Thanks again everyone, I finished it with the 'Escape Ending'. I realized how much of an R-tard I use to be, I would get a spear, then shove it into the monster, then get another instead of doing 4 at a time, so of course Eileen was going to die.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Harrys_Girl wrote:Yes, the holy candle will heal her but only in the correct spot in the game: in the lobby on the first floor of the apartments in Apratment World, just before you go into the super's room. Put the candle down in the center of the rug (a large, brightly colored circle in the middle of the room) then walk over to it and make sure she stays next to the candle. Once her wounds heal/the candle disappears, she is healed as much as she can be.
Thank you. I was not aware of this before. :)

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).