SH4 question, sword of obedience

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

ghoulimage
Just Passing Through

SH4 question, sword of obedience

Post by ghoulimage »

So, silly me, I left it in the Building world. I pulled it out out of the ghost, went to the next room and freaked out when the damn ghost followed me there. So I beat him to the ground and impaled him again. Decided that I´d explore a bit and retrieve it later. Normally I am very slow and patient when proceeding but this time I ended up running crazed because the amount of monkeys was overwhelming. I reached the end of the level without taking serious damage so I saved, without remembering that I left the damn sword stuck in the poor ghost´s gut.

So next world is the Apartment world, which seems to have tons of ghosts... which means I have trouble exploring the apartments because the ghosts keep harrassing me. So I´m asking if my absent-mindnedness just made my playthrough a whole lot of challenging? Is my goof indifferent after apartments or does it affect my gameplay so much that I should just start all over again?
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I don't know how to answer the rest of your questions on difficulty and such *played on Easy* but I'm pretty sure that once you leave, you can't get it back.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Relax, there's no need to start all over again.The only place where you need the Sword to progress is the "Panopticon prison world"(2nd time).
We are still here...
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Also, there are 5 swords in the game, don't worry. I can list where they are. If you want spoilers of course...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The first one you find in that Ghost's chest if i'm not mistaken. Later you find another in the same world (Building) in the elevator area,push the middle button and enter the door by your left, after that you find another in the Subway world 2nd time, then the other you find in the Water Prison 2nd time...
And the last in the room where Rachael's boyfriend (not Mike, the painter) lives. But you only find it in Apartment World 2nd time.
Sorry if there are any misspeling errors or something. Hope that helps, also don't waste'em in those regular ghosts (Example: Jimmy Stone, you know, the bald one...) You'll need'em later.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

In apartment world they do not seem too bad. They're there, but it isnt too bad to get away from them. A lot of extra running, thats kind of annoying but it seems they give you enough time away from the ghosts to explore the things you need to.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

You mean the first Sword? I left that one in him because i was advised too, and i beat it just fine :)
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

QuestionSleepZz wrote:You mean the first Sword? I left that one in him because i was advised too, and i beat it just fine :)
Its ok! You can find another one just what Mephisto said, but be careful, you must use these swords for the Bosses only, Cynthia ghost and other ghosts... Only the one that are dead whom you found them through the first time in the world.

Good luck! Hope I helped a little.