Fireman Accolade [SH0rigins]

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Fireman Accolade [SH0rigins]

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Ive attempted to get the Fireman Accolade I would say 20 times now, by going into the burning house and booking it like high hell with Alessa, but god damn. I dont get it. i set the setting to run, so its not like I could possibly go any faster.
A walkthrough says you need to get in and out in 80 seconds, but another says once you have Alessa, the timer for 80 seconds starts but no way thats true... I got her out in under a minute :S So I really dont know if Im wrong, or whats going on, but does anyone know, or has anyone gotten that accolade ?
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Re: Fireman Accolade [SH0rigins]

Post by game_over »

Shoot The Sky wrote: Ive attempted to get the Fireman Accolade I would say 20 times now, by going into the burning house and booking it like high hell with Alessa, but god damn. I dont get it. i set the setting to run, so its not like I could possibly go any faster.
A walkthrough says you need to get in and out in 80 seconds, but another says once you have Alessa, the timer for 80 seconds starts but no way thats true... I got her out in under a minute :S So I really dont know if Im wrong, or whats going on, but does anyone know, or has anyone gotten that accolade ?
The timer starts when you pick up Alessa, I think.

Did you finish the game after going through the house?
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

oh... no I didnt... could that be whats wrong? Hey! Maybe thats why when I did the codebreaker one, it didnt show up in my accolades! So I have to finish the game?
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Shoot The Sky wrote:oh... no I didnt... could that be whats wrong? Hey! Maybe thats why when I did the codebreaker one, it didnt show up in my accolades! So I have to finish the game?
Yeah, you have to finish the game. Of course, there is a chance for the codebreaker to show right after you put in the code.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Oh awsome! Finally did It, and yeah, I needed to finish the game to get it, and the codebreaker one, even though I got the codebreaker costume right away. Ya know, the only reason I really did it was to get this "fire axe" and I thought it would be an axe that was on fire and all sweet... wrong, just a normal gay ass axe. Now the tessla rifles another story ;) (ambassador/ UFO ending)
devillo
Just Passing Through

Post by devillo »

You expected a Burning Axe?

Wow, now that would be an extra worth unlocking.
Will you wont you will you wont you join, the Dance?
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

devillo wrote:You expected a Burning Axe?

Wow, now that would be an extra worth unlocking.
Yeah thats what I said :P It said "fire axe", so you must be able to see where I got that
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Only if you don't know what firemen do... :P
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

^..lol
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

uhhh, Im more farmiliar with their work with hoses. We shoulda got some pressure water gun :P kidding, but since when do firemen need axe's? to axe through the fire? :shock:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

To break through locked doors.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I've tried a shit load of times to get the fire accolade and I still haven't... I'm positive I've made the quickest time possible but I had no success. I'm asking desperately for help! Any help. Please! I'm moments away from breaking my PSP and SHO along with it.

Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

The Fireman accolade is the last one I need, I've already tried getting it about seven times with no luck. It's seriously the most frustrating accolade to try to get.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

MMY wrote:To break through locked doors.
You think that'd be obvious.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You'd think. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Travis wrote::evil: :evil: :evil:

I've tried a shit load of times to get the fire accolade and I still haven't... I'm positive I've made the quickest time possible but I had no success. I'm asking desperately for help! Any help. Please! I'm moments away from breaking my PSP and SHO along with it.

Sake wrote:The Fireman accolade is the last one I need, I've already tried getting it about seven times with no luck. It's seriously the most frustrating accolade to try to get.
This is what I did. It took me, 3 times (?):
1) memorize the way you need to go so there is no guessing.
2) run the entire time, don't stop.
3) skip all the cutscenes, even just the little ones where you hear the weird noise and see the Halo of the Sun. I am not sure they count, but it definatly is worth skipping just in case.

That should do it. Good luck!
Travis

Post by Travis »

Thank you a lot, but I've done everything by the book. I've even equipped the sprinter outfit and skipped ALL the cutscenes, but still nothing happened. That's why I'm desperate, it's impossible to do it better.
Is is I'm doing something wrong, like wearing different clothes?
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Harrys_Girl - That's what I've been doing, and I don't flinch or stop once while running through the house. I think I'll try a couple more times and forget about it if I don't receive it.

Travis, You don't need the Sprinter Outfit. Travis can run nonstop until after he wakes up near the Hospital.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I wore the defult outfit. I don't think any one outfit makes you run faster, but I know it takes slightily longer to load when you are wearing any of the extra accolades.

Also, I skipped the openeing movie and the first cutscene. And I ran all the way there.

For a last ditch effort, have someone else time it for you. If you make the time and it still refuses to give you the accolade, then perhaps there is a problem w/ you games.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Harrys_Girl wrote:I wore the defult outfit. I don't think any one outfit makes you run faster, but I know it takes slightily longer to load when you are wearing any of the extra accolades.
OK. Guess I can try one more time wearing the default clothes...
Harrys_Girl wrote:For a last ditch effort, have someone else time it for you. If you make the time and it still refuses to give you the accolade, then perhaps there is a problem w/ you games.
If that's the case then I'll end up eating the game UMD! Image
Also what's the time limit?