Maria AI Problems on Hard Mode

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Maria AI Problems on Hard Mode

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

I usually don't come here for help but I usually don't play SH2 on Hard Action Mode.

Okay, I'm in the long hallway under Brookhaven right before Maria dies for the first time. PH is chasing us and MARIA WONT RUN. She has died about 20 times now and I can''t seem to get her to run from him and the spear he's jabbing her with. I'm starting to get really mad...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

You hato shoot PH couple times and run.
You dont pass here if you dont shoot PH.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Raider Man

Re: Maria AI Problems on Hard Mode

Post by Raider Man »

put_here_2_feel_joy wrote:I usually don't come here for help but I usually don't play SH2 on Hard Action Mode.

Okay, I'm in the long hallway under Brookhaven right before Maria dies for the first time. PH is chasing us and MARIA WONT RUN. She has died about 20 times now and I can''t seem to get her to run from him and the spear he's jabbing her with. I'm starting to get really mad...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
As the exactly of what happened with me, you have to shoot him by using the shotgun, (win the trick or treat to gain more shotgun shells) Shoot him 3 times and run a little, shoot him 3 times and run a little (do that 3 times) and then RUN AS HELL to reach the elevator. hope that helps... :D
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Tom has a foolproof method, and it works. You use the handgun.

Load the gun with the full ten rounds. As soon as the r.p.t. appears, shoot him ten times. Make sure you count every shot so that you don't accidentally trigger the reload animation. After the tenth shot, run until you reach the area where the hallway looks like a long sideways U (the curve will point to the right). Wait for the r.p.t. to arrive, reload the handgun through the menu, and shoot him ten more times. That will slow him down enough so that you can run the rest of the way.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

^ That.

To clarify: Shoot the r.p.t. the second time through the fenced area. Through it, you'll see Maria run past and the r.p.t. shortly afterward.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I never thought about that. Good to know.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

Thanks guys. I'll go with the handgun method. I'll try not to shoot Maria.

>To clarify: Shoot the r.p.t. the second time through the fenced area. Through it, you'll see Maria run past and the r.p.t. shortly afterward.

I had no idea you could shoot through that. I thought it was some kind of glass barrier. Thanks!
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]