Hell's Descent Boss

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Hell's Descent Boss

Post by RyanBucek »

I just bought Homecoming about 2 days ago and I have just made it to the Hell's Descent boss on normal.

I've got no health items and only 9 bullets in my handgun. I manage to get to the creatures second form but always end up dying due to last of items.

Has anybody beaten this boss through my circumstances?

Is it best to start the game over?
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Out of curiosity, what is it that's the most difficult for you? Is it that you don't have enough bullets in your gun, or is it that by the second form you've having trouble dodging and end up dying?

Unfortunately I was not in your circumstances when battling that boss, but just to check, you are beating the first form with just melee weapons, right?
RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Post by RyanBucek »

Yup.

I use the crowbar and the Ax when it's in it's first form and only have trouble with dodging when it comes to it's ground and pound attack.

I use the gun on it's second form and then revert back to either melee weapon.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This boss was pretty fun! :mrgreen:
I had a shotgun so I blasted it's skin off until it kind of fell to the ground paralysed. I had a walkthrough so there was a strategy planned out already for me. But it's not impossible to beat her with melee weapons as well!

I haven't replayed it in a while, so if it helps maybe you could watch a combat video on youtube. My strategy is to just keep hitting it, dodge a lot and wait for it to die.

Here is a video if you need it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLg18JLgHy4
RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Post by RyanBucek »

Thanks :) I've watched a video on it and the person playing uses at least 2 health items. I have none. I'm going to give it some more tries today.
RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Post by RyanBucek »

Wow, you'll never guess what my copy of SH did to me.

I went to an earlier save and got 3 extra health items and then went for the HD boss.

I ended up having to do the button combination tap 6 times on it's first form before I died. My game is glitching on me bad.

I used up all 3 of my healths because the game was glitching and wouldn't let me move on to the 2nd form.
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

Sorry about that, but you could've edited. I had no health as well, but luckily I saved some shotgun slugs for the second form. I suppose you'll just have to duke it out, dodge well, and hope for the best. Good luck! :)
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

So, I figure that the guy already killed Scarlet. But I'll post what I did to kill her anyway :P

At first grab the crowbar and wait for Scarlet to do the first move, either block (if you can) or dodge. You'll end up on the sides of her legs (it doesn't matter which leg) just keep attacking with a weak attack and then a powerful one (A and X for Xbox or X and square for PS3) if you're good with dodge you could try to do a 3 hit combo (2 week attacks and a powerful one). Just keep at it dodge the attacks if you can, because there's a move that she swings her arm at you one time and then swings the same arm another time. . . This one always got me. . .
When she falls just start to attack whatever you have in your range, I'd suggest it's arms and head because the attacks can deal damage on her chest and back too.

After that she'll go to the 2nd form. Which sucks a lot. If you have shotgun shells just blast her with it (I had 10 shells but missed like 4 shots so I couldn't really tell how many shotgun shots you have to take her down) then, well, just keep shooting and watch out because sometimes that damn bastard is sneaky and kinda "dissapear" in the darkness and jumps at you from nowhere.

Hope that this helps someone out.